INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [MiniDisc] Is Analyse Audio volume normalisation included in wav/flac file?  (Read 9549 times)

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit

When travelling I use my trusty Minidisc a lot.
To load it I start with a wav file, then use Sony Sonic Stage to transfer the music file to Minidisc where it's converted to ATRAC [.oma]
My old Minidisc music is pre Analyse Audio. Which means the ATRAC files have no volume normalisation included...so volume jumps up and down. Grrhh.

If I start again with wav or flac files that have undergone Analyse Audio in JRiver will those files include the volume normalisation when transferred to my Minidisc and converted to ATRAC?
thanks,
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..

I think the only way you could do this is to analyse the files then use the disk writer to create a set of fresh wav or flac files. These would have all the DSP changes made to the file. AFAIK the ATRAC encoder on Sony Minidiscs don't read the normalisation info hence the reason you need to use disk writer.

Others may have a better solution for you.

Good luck.

John

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit

Alright, so I have to use Disc Writer.
How can I get Disc Writer and the files with the DSP changes [such as Analyse Audio volume normalisation] to write fresh wav files to my PC hard drive. JRiver fails to convert mp3s/flacs to ATRAC, only Sony Sonic Stage will do it.
So I have to transfer from my PC hard drive to MiniDisc using Sony Sonic Stage.
thanks,
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

• Citizen of the Universe

If you do a conversion with the Volume Leveling DSP enabled, I think the changes will be written to the file.

Obviously you should set this to be a copy rather than replacing your originals.
Pages: [1]   Go Up