INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interface optimizations for tablets?  (Read 1601 times)

dfs9393

• Recent member
Interface optimizations for tablets?
« on: March 22, 2014, 06:26:03 pm »

Hello all,

I have media center 19 running an a windows 8.1 pro tablet. Is there anyway to optimize the interface for tablet touch input?

Such as scrolling through lists with finger swipes and larger UI buttons to press with fingertips.

Thanks!

apgood

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 06:52:24 pm »

Your best bet would probably be to use theater view.

gshaver

• Recent member
Re: Interface optimizations for tablets?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 02:01:16 pm »

I have a windows 8.1 tablet, a dell venue pro 11, can not get it to install jr 19 software.  I have downloaded but when I try to install it will not take from the downloaded file, it will only pull part of the file and stop half way?  any suggestions?

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 03:28:08 pm »

I have media center 19 running an a windows 8.1 pro tablet. Is there anyway to optimize the interface for tablet touch input?
If you are using the Noire skin, you can increase the size of the UI up to 200% in the View menu, which may make things easier to use on a tablet.

There is also a Theater View skin (Tools → Options → Theater View → Appearance) called Obsidian Touchscreen, which has been tweaked to work better with touchscreens.

Such as scrolling through lists with finger swipes and larger UI buttons to press with fingertips.
I don't believe there are currently any plans to enhance the touchscreen functionality in the Standard View. (which is a shame)

dfs9393

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 05:01:08 pm »

The view size is a great tip thanks.  That solved one of the issues.

Theater mode looks nice, but I still want to use my tablet for other tasks, so it's not useful for me.

lobster.boy

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 08:45:49 am »

Right, the sizing is not a problem, but increasing numbers of users with new touchscreen computers or windows tablets, are going to swipe the screen in album view to make it scroll, and instead drag one album into another, and assume its a bug.

If the scroll bars were finger sized in any touchscreen skins, this would at least be a clue to go for them not the main screen. Unfortunately they are even smaller than the standard windows 8 scroll bars.

alternatively, allowing theatre mode to run in a window would solve a lot of problems.

Seems to me that the touchscreen users requests are rather consistent, and are only going to increase.

thanks in advance
Pages: [1]   Go Up