INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Guide Data (EPG)  (Read 1207 times)

crawfofd

• World Citizen
TV Guide Data (EPG)
« on: August 05, 2014, 05:14:36 pm »

Hi I'm fairly new to this forum and to MC.  I have made one post in the windows section but did not get the full answer I was looking for.  I believe this is the section I should be asking this question. If not please feel free to let me know. 

My question is about the default guide that gets loaded with a cable card installed.  I have selected comcast cable and the area that I am in and have loaded the epg with no problem, but I do not get season or episode data. How do I find out what info is being downloaded with the guide.  I am trying to set up my files in TV Shows/Series/Season/Episode-fileDescription for easy access and management.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just wanted to let the developers know that I am very impressed with the product.  I am coming from a sagetv setup and am trying to switch over to MC.

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV Guide Data (EPG)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 03:06:54 pm »

Welcome to Media Center.

I am sorry for not replying sooner as I have been away for a few days.

Regarding season and episode, we do try to get them from the downloaded guide data.  However, we are not able to get them in all formats.  Sometimes the data come in formats that we do not know how to interpret.  Maybe that us the cause of the problem.  Please take a look at the following thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81654.0
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 03:58:39 pm »

Welcome to Media Center.

I am sorry for not replying sooner as I have been away for a few days.

Regarding season and episode, we do try to get them from the downloaded guide data.  However, we are not able to get them in all formats.  Sometimes the data come in formats that we do not know how to interpret.  Maybe that us the cause of the problem.  Please take a look at the following thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81654.0

Yaobing, take a look at the thread here where I think I've confirmed the problem:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90781.msg624810#msg624810
I believe that the add on from dturrall won't be of any advantage in this case. Series, Episode and Season data appears to be missing from the OTA EPG data that crawfofd system is scraping.

Feel free to offer up your wisdom if I've got the wrong end of the stick..  ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

crawfofd

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 05:39:45 pm »

Yaobing, thank you for the link and the info. After numerous testing I finally got some files to add the season and episode#. As I told astromo I am not using OTA but schedules direct with centon infinity card. All shows do not have season and episode so I understand they wiil not provide any. I finally put "Filename (name): [series]-S[season] E [episode]-[name]" in the recording tags to get the filenames right. I am still getting an error when some files are tagged, but I am not at home right now so unable to show. When I returnhome tomarow I will send the info.

Just want to thank everyone for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up