INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SynologyNAS Linn Klimax DS  (Read 4527 times)

Magdanus

• Recent member
SynologyNAS Linn Klimax DS
« on: June 19, 2014, 06:53:59 pm »

Hi,
I have a setup with a SynologyNAS with all music stored as Flac files, Klimax DS renderer (Ethernet input), JRiver on a PC, Ipad controller with JRemote. I would like to stream directly from the SynologyNAS to the Klimax without the music having any interference with JRiver on the PC. Using Linns Kinsky on the Ipad gives a direct streaming from the Nas to the Klimax but I prefer the interface of JRemote but do not want the music to pass through the JRiver on the PC. Is there a way to awoid that ?

Thanks.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: SynologyNAS Linn Klimax DS
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 07:52:02 pm »

Hi,
I have a setup with a SynologyNAS with all music stored as Flac files, Klimax DS renderer (Ethernet input), JRiver on a PC, Ipad controller with JRemote. I would like to stream directly from the SynologyNAS to the Klimax without the music having any interference with JRiver on the PC. Using Linns Kinsky on the Ipad gives a direct streaming from the Nas to the Klimax but I prefer the interface of JRemote but do not want the music to pass through the JRiver on the PC. Is there a way to avoid that ?

Thanks.
Since JRemote is just that, a remote, it can't do standalone DLNA control.

Magdanus

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 02:42:56 am »

Since JRemote is just that, a remote, it can't do standalone DLNA control.

As I understand it JRemote on the Ipad is controlling JRiver on the PC which is controlling the streaming from the Nas to the renderer (Klimax). My question is: What is happening with the music files during that traffic. Are they passing through the PC on the way to the renderer and if so are they manipulated by JRiver on the PC before they are passed on to the renderer. Are there any functions in JRiver so JRiver just push the files directly from the Nas to the renderer as Kinsky does without "touching" them?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 09:49:13 am »

As I understand it JRemote on the Ipad is controlling JRiver on the PC which is controlling the streaming from the Nas to the renderer (Klimax). My question is: What is happening with the music files during that traffic. Are they passing through the PC on the way to the renderer and if so are they manipulated by JRiver on the PC before they are passed on to the renderer. Are there any functions in JRiver so JRiver just push the files directly from the Nas to the renderer as Kinsky does without "touching" them?
No problem.
Just change your MC DLNA server settings under Audio to "Original Format" and nothing will be transcoded under any conditions.

Magdanus

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 06:11:49 pm »

No problem.
Just change your MC DLNA server settings under Audio to "Original Format" and nothing will be transcoded under any conditions.

Thanks Bob. This is great news. Just to be sure I understand the setting 100%. Is it: Tools, options, media network, configure DLNA servers, audio mode: ORIGINAL. What about format - should that be PCM 24 bit?

When using JRemote I sometimes have a drop out in sound for 2 or 3 sec as if there is some buffering going on. It does not not happen using Kinsky. Is there a setting somewhere in MC to prevent that happening?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 10:33:31 am »

Thanks Bob. This is great news. Just to be sure I understand the setting 100%. Is it: Tools, options, media network, configure DLNA servers, audio mode: ORIGINAL. What about format - should that be PCM 24 bit?
The format setting doesn't matter when you are using "Original" we really should be graying it out.
When using JRemote I sometimes have a drop out in sound for 2 or 3 sec as if there is some buffering going on. It does not not happen using Kinsky. Is there a setting somewhere in MC to prevent that happening?
I'm not sure about the drop out, that sounds like a network issue to me (except of course for your test against Kinsky). MC as a server streaming unconverted audio isn't going to be constrained by the size of the file, cpu speed, etc.

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 10:49:33 am »

Or, Minimserver on your Synology to Krinsky. 
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos
Pages: [1]   Go Up