INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Choosing certain tracks to sort by album inside of a sorted by artist playlist?  (Read 800 times)

jcisbig

• Recent member

Hi,

In most of my playlists, my primary sort criteria is by artist.  However, within many of my playlists there are certain albums that I would prefer to be sorted by the album name as priority, not the artist, because there are many contributing artists to that album.  A perfect example of this would be the free "samplers" that HD Tracks allows you to download for free.  There are several songs as a part of each of those albums, and each song is by a different artist.  When I view those songs within a playlist, each individual song is scattered around the playlist because I'm sorting the playlist by Artist, not by album.  So, is there a way to designate certain tracks/songs to sort themselves by Album within and Artist-priority-sorted playlist?

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

You can sort by Album Artist (auto) then by Album.  That way, you'll have the same artist value for all the files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jcisbig

• Recent member

Thank you!  Sometimes it's the obvious things that need to be pointed out to me!  : )
Pages: [1]   Go Up