INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo & Live TV (almost working)  (Read 1554 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Gizmo & Live TV (almost working)
« on: September 13, 2013, 05:16:16 pm »

Matt, thanks for looking at the Radio streaming stuff and while testing I got thinking about streaming the Live TV channels to Gizmo as I figure most of the stuff is in place (especially as we can already record to TS format - it just a matter of piping it to Gismo).  I've already worked out how to:
- Add TV Channels to a playlist (they are file type "tvlb", and a filename like "TV Channel DTV 1056 (12819-1057)191625, 7, 4114, 720, 4, 2, 519, 256, 583, 9, eng (DVB-T).tvlb"
- Add Icons / CH Icons
- Make the playlist appear at the top level in Gizmo

My attempts so far are:
- Play the TVLB playlist entry (works in MC and you get the current playing TV Channel, nothing happens in Gizmo)
- Change the TVLB playlist entry from "TV" to "Video".  Gizmo says "preparing" and I can see in the MC "...\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 19\Temp" folder the "VideoStream.ts" file is created but remains at 0KB so Gizmo times out.
- Play the TV Channel on MC and press pause.  Find the "xxxxx - Saved Time-shifting.jtv" file, and import into MC.  You can then play this file in Gizmo and the great thing is that both the "Time-shifting.jtv"and the "VideoStream.ts" keeps growing and the Gismo plays it just fine.  FYI - the only thing I noticed is the aspect ratio is wrong.

So it looks like most bits are in place just not quite wired up right to support Live TV.  I guess the best method would be when Gizmo requests a TVLB that MC Library Server just pushed the content straight into the "VideoStream.ts" file used for streaming to Gizmo.

Loving the Gizmo focus this month!
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Gizmo & Live TV (almost working)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 04:10:02 pm »

- Play the TVLB playlist entry (works in MC and you get the current playing TV Channel, nothing happens in Gizmo)
Retested with the changes for HLS Streaming.  MC will now crash if trying to play a TVLB with or without HLS streaming enabled.
JRiver CEO Elect

jrlemieux

Re: Gizmo & Live TV (almost working)
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 09:39:08 am »

Thanks to both of you. Looking forward for this feature to work. I am pretty sure that it could appeal to many disenchanted and frustrated Hauppauge customers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up