INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BASS MANAGEMENT - the biggest hurdle..  (Read 1106 times)

DoubtingThomas

• Citizen of the Universe
BASS MANAGEMENT - the biggest hurdle..
« on: July 15, 2014, 01:35:11 pm »

I've been using MediaCenter since version 8.

I have my system/subwoofer adjusted to be good for about 95% of my albums.  That 5% is not good.  Some albums just have too much low frequency content, that it is un-listenable with my current settings.

Yes I can use the parametric equalizer to fix the sound for those albums, but it's a manual thing to turn it on and off and make the adjustments.  The fixed equalizer can help sometime, but the set points are not always right.

I've been using the AudoEQ plug-in and it uses the fixed equalizer, so it can help but not perfect.  And while the controls seem to indicate that presets can be saved, I have no idea how to do it, or if there is a bug in the code.

I've explored Zones, but they will not auto switch zones in PlayingNow.

So again I suggest that MC allow parametric equalizer settings to be saved by name, and then applied on a track by track basis.  That would allow us to fine tune a badly mixed album and have the settings be automatically applied from PlayingNow, switching automatically track by track as configured.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: BASS MANAGEMENT - the biggest hurdle..
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 01:23:28 pm »

The current solution to this is to create multiple zones with independent settings.  You can use ZoneSwitch to automatically switch into the correct zone.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DoubtingThomas

Re: BASS MANAGEMENT - the biggest hurdle..
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 01:41:03 pm »

The current solution to this is to create multiple zones with independent settings.  You can use ZoneSwitch to automatically switch into the correct zone.

I tried that long ago... doesn't work in PlayingNow.   I'd want the tracks in PlayingNow to auto switch as required to the configured zone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up