INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Registration deleted after changing the network connection (MC 19.0.143)  (Read 2126 times)

matze81479

• Recent member

Hi,

as already posted in the 19.0.143 Thread, I can reproduce the following under Ubuntu 13.10 64bit and Linux Mint 16 64bit:

(1) Install MC 19.0.143 with WLAN connection -> mediacenter19 /RestoreFromFile -> Registered
(2) Switched to eth0 by connecting LAN cable -> Not Registered
(3) Switched back to WLAN by disconnecting LAN cable -> Not Registered (!!!)

Not enough that in (2) it is no longer registered, the original registration via WLAN in (1) has also been destroyed by starting MC with another network interface...

PLEASE help analyzing what's the reason for this behavior. Thanks  :)

And can anyone confirm that MC 19.0.143 keeps registerd after switching to another network connection and starting MC from this connection??

Regards
Matthias

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

Bob has been analyzing the problem, please be patient, he'll let you know when he finds something.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

newbluesman

• Recent member

But I thought we couldn't register the Linux version yet - my registration key didn't do anything (I'm on Ubuntu).  Has that changed?

Hendrik

• Administrator

As of 19.0.138, a license is required.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Hendrik

• Administrator

We believe we ironed out any problems with the registry and network connections, Bob is testing now and will probably prepare an update soon.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

bob

• Administrator

But I thought we couldn't register the Linux version yet - my registration key didn't do anything (I'm on Ubuntu).  Has that changed?
If you are trying to do it from the program and aren't running on the supported OS, you should see this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89893.0

bob

• Administrator

Build 19.0.144 (now up) should take care of the registrations issues.

matze81479

• Recent member

Build 19.0.144 (now up) should take care of the registrations issues.

Seems to be solved with 19.0.144. Registration kept in place after switching a few times from wireless lan to ethernet connection and vice versa. Thanks a lot !! :)

Regards
Matthias
Pages: [1]   Go Up