INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you download MJv8.0.203  (Read 1038 times)

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
  • Health problems prevent almost all activity.Manufacturing Engineer, Ret.Living
How do you download MJv8.0.203
« on: February 12, 2002, 02:15:30 pm »

How do you download this file? - Other than Help/Updates

The address is in the post but I can't dl it by clicking on it as usual.

I DON'T like to get it through Help/Updates because I can never find it after it's installed.

Thanks

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:How do you download MJv8.0.203
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2002, 02:21:33 pm »

cut and paste it to the "Address" line in the browser
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
  • Health problems prevent almost all activity.Manufacturing Engineer, Ret.Living
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2002, 03:39:04 pm »

Thanks King Sparta. I'll surely try it right now

LCtheDJ

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2002, 04:57:36 pm »

You can also right click on the link as select 'Save target as...' or 'Save link as...'; depends on which browser you are using, MSIE or Netscape.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe

You could also make a bookmark or favorite for ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/
and pick 'MediaJukebox8.exe' from there.

leonidas

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2002, 04:59:56 pm »

apparently the little links are acting up again, and not being "active" or whatever it is that links are when they're being good little links

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2002, 05:05:33 pm »

Thanks again King Sparta and ALL. First time I've ever done this but it worked just great. Although - on my ole relic it's called copy/paste rather than cut/paste. This threw me for a little while.

Again, thanks.

leonidas

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2002, 05:20:47 pm »

Shotgun2

why don't you spend a little time tonight cutting/pasting items from this thread until you get really good at it

you can start with this very post if you'd like

LCtheDJ

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2002, 05:25:56 pm »

Having a little fun with a newbie are we?

You can't 'cut' text from an online document; you can only 'cut' if you have a local copy of the document opened in an editor.  Text from an online document must be 'copied'.

You'll have to watch yourself here, Shotgun2; chains get yanked at every opportunity.

Any of you old Navy vets ever been sent to get a bucket of steam or some relative bearing grease?

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2002, 11:38:49 pm »

Yeah - and I'm the real gullible type - fall for anything and everything; generally just once though.

As Pvt E-2 in the Army they told me that we were gonna be transported by truck convoy to a air conditioned hotel to stay the night. This sounded just great to me cause I'd never even been in an air conditioned anything. Well, it took me a while to figgure out that you controlled the amount of air conditioning by how much or little you opened the flaps on your tent in tent-city.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2002, 04:13:11 am »

When I was a kid I spent probably 15 minutes running around in the rain at a county fair trying to fetch the "Key to the Midway" for the guy that sold the candied apples. Everybody I asked just kept sending me to somebody else. I did end up getting a free caramel apple out of the deal, though. Next Page

And one time, I had to call up Auto Zone (kind of like a Pep Boys - a big automotive "superstore") to prove to my girlfriend that there was no such thing as "frequency grease".
Pages: [1]   Go Up