INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Picture shifts off-center if zooming in/out during live TV playback  (Read 1069 times)

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen

Hello,

Not entirely sure if this should be in the TV section or not. Anyway, if I watch live TV and zoom in or out, when I zoom back to "fit to window" the picture has shifted off-centre leading to black borders at the bottom and right-side frame. I do not experience it with non-live video playback.

Best regards,
Mikkel

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Picture shifts off-center if zooming in/out during live TV playback
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 09:42:27 pm »

I may not have fully understood, so the following is just a suggestion based on my observations with video files (not live TV).

This may be because your mouse cursor is off centre. At least for video files, MC uses the position of the mouse cursor as the centre of focus when zooming. Thus, if I put the cursor at the top centre of the screen and zoom out, the image stays stuck to the top, but the left, right and bottom edges shrink inward. Once you have zoomed in or out, can you go to Shift in the OSD and make sure everything is centred on 0,0. Then, try zooming back to 100% and see if it continues to resume off centre.

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 01:17:38 am »

I may not have fully understood, so the following is just a suggestion based on my observations with video files (not live TV).

This may be because your mouse cursor is off centre. At least for video files, MC uses the position of the mouse cursor as the centre of focus when zooming. This, if I put the cursor at the top centre of the screen and zoom out, the image stays stuck to the top, but the left, right and bottom edges shrink inward. Once you have zoomed in or out, can you go to Shift in the OSD and make sure everything is centred on 0,0. Then, try zooming back to 100% and see if it continues to resume off centre.

I will give it a try. What I have already tried was just to ask MC to 'fit to window' (or whatever the command is). This resulted in black bars. I'll give your suggestion a try :)

Best regards,
Mikkel

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 08:33:54 am »

Zooming by mouse scroll is anchored at the mouse point.  That naturally shifts the image off-center if the mouse point is not at the center.  Zooming by pressing the '+' or '-' key on keyboard keeps the image centered.

That explains why you get video off-center.  However, when you use context menu "Fit Window", the off-center behavior is not ideal.  I will change it.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 11:15:08 am »

For the next build:

Fixed: Changing television zooming to preset sizes ("Fit Window", "100%", "200%") using context menu options did not re-center the video.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 11:36:10 am »

For the next build:

Fixed: Changing television zooming to preset sizes ("Fit Window", "100%", "200%") using context menu options did not re-center the video.

SUPERB! Thanks Yaobing :)

Best regards,
Mikkel
Pages: [1]   Go Up