INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone changes by itself  (Read 716 times)

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Zone changes by itself
« on: June 28, 2014, 09:25:01 pm »

This is an intermittent problem.  So it is hard to reproduce (grrr arrgh).  But it happens in the middle of family use of MC19 (grrr arrgh).

Here is as many details as I'm aware of:

* MC19 build 134 running on my living room HT PC (I have not updated to 147, hence I did not post in the bugs thread - but it has been occurring for months, but I have been very busy for months, and finally have a little spare time to post this.)

* Vista 32-bit

* Pause button on my laptop programmed to pause MC19 over the network using bits of software suggested by glynor and MrC that issues an MCWS command (PlayPause?Zone=-1&ZoneType=ID)  (and another thanks to those guys, it has worked fine for months).

* Original MS remote controls (similar to the ones sold by JRiver).

* Zones programmed by rules according to media file type (audio go to "Stereo" zone, video go to "Video" zone).

* I never use Theater View, since it doesn't fit my needs (despite the fact that I use MC19 primarily on the living room HD TV).  I use the options to always play video in full screen in Display View.

* Scenario:

1 - Various audio files played, automatically to "Stereo" zone according to zone rules.

2 - Then a video is played.  Note that videos are rarely imported, since most are never played twice (eg "NBC Nightly News" recorded off OTA antenna of my local NBC).  So, the video is selected in Windows Explorer using right-click "Media Center" -> "Play".

3 - The Zone is automatically changed from the previously selected "Stereo" to "Video" and goes full screen in Display View. (so far so good)

4 - I pause the video (phone rings, bathroom break, etc.).

5 - I press pause again and the Zone changes to "Stereo" and the last audio file played (hours before) starts playing.   This happens only once in a while, usually it works fine and just un-pauses the video.

So, something is causing the "Playing Now" selected Zone to change as a result of the Pause command.  I have not kept track of whether it is the remote or the laptop Pause key, but the latter is set to Zone -1, which is default.  (The next time it happens, I will certainly note which device was used to pause.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up