INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Had to reinstall MC21 and now Guide will not load  (Read 1532 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
Had to reinstall MC21 and now Guide will not load
« on: September 06, 2015, 03:51:45 pm »

I have all settings set correctly as far as i can tell////useing MC2XML.....get's as far as the "Loading Data Window" and it just sits there. Nothing happens. Had it working before but ......MC21 was crashing often....so I uninstalled, reinstalled....now can't watch TV. ugh

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Had to reinstall MC21 and now Guide will not load
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 06:37:03 pm »

Install MC version 21.0.4 then go through the TV setup again. 21.0.4 has some improvements in the TV setup.
Are you in USA?

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 07:21:59 pm »

Hi CB.

I did install the latest yesterday. The Server instance of MC kept crashing (I have to additional clients that use the MC server). So I uninstalled & reinstalled MC21 04. That version is on all machines. I do not understand exactly how the new MC2mxl works thogh I go it working several weeks ago ....the new version. I donated & got aan executable file. I just don't know where it goes.

Anyway....I did JUST get it working but I'm afraid it's probably not the correct way. Don't know.

What I did is placed the MC2MXL dot exe file in the JRiver TV folder. Then ran it as admin. It created the MXL file. I then went into guide set up, selected XMLTV & pointed it to run the MC2XML executab le file. Then I pointed the 2nd option to open the XMLTV file....again, I plaved both of these in the TV folder of JRiver. This finally did work. I just don't know if this is the propoer way to do it.

Thank you for your response.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 07:31:27 pm »

With MC21, you do not need to have an external copy of mc2xml.  It is integrated in MC.  Run TV setup, and choose mc2xml when asked to choose EPG mode.  It is on top of the page.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 08:15:23 pm »

That's what i did yaobing but nothing loaded. It did run data in the black box. Then it either said the file was bad or there isn't data in it. Or, id run again and it would go to the loading page and just sit there. Nothing would populate. When I'd close the load page I'd get the same error.
Pages: [1]   Go Up