INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The database entries for the selected files are missing or invalid  (Read 1574 times)

bigdude

Using MC since MC16 and everything has always worked great with the Media Server and Network...until now.

I have a library server set up on a Windows 7 Pro machine with version 19.0.108. The media is all stored on a server and is all in the library via UNC paths. I have two digital audio zones set up and the Media Network is activated to share.

My client PC is also Windows 7 Pro and the zones library loads fine as a "Library Server" type library.  All the media show up fine and fast.  I can:
- Play a library track from the client on a local client PC zone
- Play a library track from the client or the server on a server zone
- Play a client track (not imported into the library) on a local client PC zone

But, when I try to play media that is new (not in the library) and stored on my client PC on to a server hardware zone, I get an error popping up on the Server PC:
"The database entries for the selected files are missing or invalid".  I end up having to Remote Desktop into the server machine a clear the error messages (they stack up).  This error shows whether Remote Desktop is active or not.

What is more odd is that if I play just the right un-imported local file on my client PC, the server PC will start to play the wrong track from a completely different album. Other music subsequently played from from within the library will stay out of sync until both MC applications are restarted.

I have rebooted multiple times, upgraded to 19.0.111 on both machines and have tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling from scratch. I've tried disabling the auto-sync and disabling authentication.  The problem persists.  I tried turning on logging, but the output was not helpful to my uninformed view. Any ideas?  A bug in the new versions?

-AJ

yuvrit19

Re: The database entries for the selected files are missing or invalid
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 07:47:23 pm »

I am having exactly the same issue. Being a software developer, I know the solution to this problem is simple and I am not sure why these folk have not solved it till now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up