INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume Levelling  (Read 1746 times)

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Volume Levelling
« on: July 02, 2014, 05:20:43 am »

Hi

"Bear Of Little Brain" asks again?? It is quite confusing to the lay listener.

I have now analysed all my library, took a while !!

Everything I read on the forum talks about playlists. I don't really use playlists, I simply "play albums".

After a full analysis, does MC consider the Library to be one big playlist as far as levelling is concerned ?

In a mixed population of heavy rock and classical , will volume levelling give me "the same volume" across all albums based on the Audio Analysis ?

I suppose what I'm after is to switch between albums without having to make a (significant) adjustment to the volume setting.

As expected using Volume Levelling drops the "volume output" quite a bit (correctable by increasing the volume setting of the amp) , adding in Adaptive Volume brings it back more or less to where it was before the volume levelling drop.

Same question , can I switch between albums without significant volume adjustments?

Cheers

Mike

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Volume Levelling
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 07:04:39 am »

After a full analysis, does MC consider the Library to be one big playlist as far as levelling is concerned ?

The current playlist defines the set used to determine volume.

In a mixed population of heavy rock and classical , will volume levelling give me "the same volume" across all albums based on the Audio Analysis ?

Yes.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MikeO

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 12:30:29 am »

Thanks Matt

Good to see you back in harness !

I tend to listen albums , rarely playlists and almost exclusively via Theatre View (I just love it)

My norm is to use the Theatre View and to navigate to and select an Album , then Play All until I finish or move to another album.

Under that condition what does MC See as the "Current Playlist" ? Is it just the Album or the complete library or What?

Mike

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 07:08:16 am »

Volume Leveling on its own should give you a consistent volume level across all content.

When you combine Adaptive Volume with Volume Leveling, you will have a consistent volume across the current playlist, but the volume will change when the playlist does. (this is the "adaptive" part)

If you want to leave your amplifier at the same level at all times, don't enable Adaptive Volume. Use Volume Leveling on its own.
Pages: [1]   Go Up