INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dirac Live Configuration  (Read 3072 times)

altahomwtheatre

• Recent member
Dirac Live Configuration
« on: July 18, 2014, 05:29:32 pm »

I am attempting to use Dirac Live and perform a calibration.  I assume that I want the sound to go through JRiver, similar to doing REW sweeps.  I have attempted to use JRiver as an ASIO driver in Dirac but get the error "play stimulas failed".  I also attempted to use JRiver in loopback mode but get no sound.  What is odd is that when in loopback mode, I do not get option of choosing the realtek device.

In JRiver I use the AMD HDMI audio device that is on the motherboard.

The audio tests do work if I skip going through JRiver.

Any help in configuring JRiver and Dirac for Calibration would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Dirac Live Configuration
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 05:55:43 pm »

If using Dirac Live to do the calibration, why do you want the sound to go through JRiver?

Dirac becomes the default driver on your computer and all audio, including JRiver's, goes through it. You can't choose JRiver as an ASIO driver in Dirac's calibration because the channel counts don't match.

Do your calibration with Dirac and your standard output device. Then set Dirac as the output device in JRiver.

altahomwtheatre

• Recent member
Re: Dirac Live Configuration
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 06:14:26 pm »

Thanks Mojave,
I was wondering if that was the answer. 
I was thinking I still wanted to use the distance settings and bass management settings in JRiver and wanted these applied before the calibration.

Regards
Pages: [1]   Go Up