INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: removed database files can't be permanently removed, why not?  (Read 1252 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day

I have 398 files in the removed database (~d=r), and they are all old TV shows that I deleted back in 2012 and earlier.  I've tried to select and delete them LOTS of times, but they never go away.

I sometimes check this smartlist to see recent things that I might need to remove so they will import properly again, but it's not much fun to scroll/sort thru 400 files.

I really want to permanently remove these files from the removed database.  How might I go about doing that?
pretend this is something funny

Re: removed database files can't be permanently removed, why not?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 05:28:56 am »

Hitting Shift+Delete and selecting Remove From Library has always worked for me.
Keep in mind that Media Center retains a list of these files so that they are not re-imported.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 08:21:19 am »

Hitting Shift+Delete and selecting Remove From Library has always worked for me.
Keep in mind that Media Center retains a list of these files so that they are not re-imported.

Yeah, it's the list that MC retains that I'm trying to delete.  I've deleted them from the library just fine, but I can't clean the special list of removed files if they were TV shows.  I can remove any/all media files from this list, just not the TV shows.  I suspect MC treats theses specials so they don't get recorded again, but I want to override this special treatment and really delete them, but I can't.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 08:25:45 am »

You can show a smartlist with ~d=a and delete the files a second time.  That will remove them permanently.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 08:33:39 am »

Hmmm, that seems to show all files in my library. I don't want to remove all files from my library, just the files in the removed database (~d=r)
Pages: [1]   Go Up