INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XMOS - upsampling introduces noise  (Read 1680 times)

canever

• Recent member
XMOS - upsampling introduces noise
« on: July 20, 2015, 11:13:17 am »

Hello.

I need a help.

I have a Sabre32 based DAC with a XMOS module. Win8.1 and JRiver MC20.

Everything works well at low sampling rate, i.e. 44,1KHz. Both PCM or DSD, and the DAC shows on the display the right lock state.

If I apply an upsampling to 96KHz or more, or I play a trace with a 96KHz sampling rate, a kind of noise starts.
The noise seems a light rain against a glass. It is present at 88.2KHz too but a bit lower.

I tried upsampling to 192KHz or with a 192KHz trace, impossible to lissen, the noise is all over even if the sound is still present.
It is not a white noise but almost similar.

I tried to set everything for DSD following the suggestions found here. Same behaviour. Perfetc at 44.1KHz.
At 88,2KHz a degradation starts but it is light, higher at 96KHz. Impossible at 176,4KHz or higher.

What investigate about?   Is there a thread where this trouble is discussed?

Thanks.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: XMOS - upsampling introduces noise
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 11:20:40 am »

It sounds like a bandwidth issue on your audio output. What kind of connection are you using (HDMI, USB 1.0, USB 2.0, SPDIF, Optical, etc.) ??

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: XMOS - upsampling introduces noise
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 11:24:20 am »

Sounds like the buffer size is too small for the higher sample rates.
Check your device's audio driver to see if there are streaming mode/buffer settings.
There are also buffer settings in Media Center under Tools → Options → Audio → Audio Device → Device Settings
Pages: [1]   Go Up