INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Get Past The Splash Screen of Vegas Movie Studio 13.0.932  (Read 1364 times)

nelsentkd

• Recent member

I had this problem and didn't get much help from the Sony folks. Found this:
From "http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/978670"

"Here I read about someone's difficulty installing Vegas Pro 12 in Windows 8.1. Vegas would crash when the splash screen got to the point of "Creating windows". They learned that there is a DLL that's part of JRiver Media Center that tripped up their install. I removed MC 19, reinstalled SVMS 13 and it ran fine! I then reinstalled MC 19 and SVMS 13 still worked fine."

P.S. I also learned that Sony's Sound Forge Audio Studio will NOT run if JRiver Media Center is installed. It does not matter if MC was installed prior to installation of SFAS or not.

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't Get Past The Splash Screen of Vegas Movie Studio 13.0.932
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 03:07:25 pm »

Open up the options window in Media Center and search for ASIO (lower-left corner)
Disable the ASIO Driver

nelsentkd

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 04:50:55 pm »

Thanks a lot.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 05:31:15 pm »

Just FYI: Media Center includes a cool feature that provides the system with an ASIO driver that can play through MC's audio engine (including all the DSP effects and other processing).

This is pretty cool, and handy when you need it.

Unfortunately, a few ASIO applications do things... Well, I'm not going to say that they "shouldn't do" (though that could be argued), but they do odd things when loading ASIO drivers on the system (probably to deal with semi-broken ASIO drivers from hardware makers).

In any case, if you encounter one of these, you can turn off the ASIO Driver entirely as explained by 6233638 above, and that should fix it.  In some cases (such as with SVMS 13) the issue only occurs during installation, and then you can safely turn the ASIO driver back on (uninstalling MC was overkill, as just disabling this feature would have done the same thing).

Hope that explains things a bit.  If you don't need the ASIO Driver feature, there is no harm at all in leaving it off.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up