INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help With Creating Panes View In Smartlist  (Read 1643 times)

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
Help With Creating Panes View In Smartlist
« on: July 05, 2014, 09:09:29 am »

I am trying to create a Panes view in a Smartlist. I have been trying to follow how to do this through the Wiki And the tutorial links provided there. I have selected/highlighted the Smartlist I am working with. At the top toolbar I have gone to View>Add View>Add Library View. In the tutorial I am trying to follow it shows several thumbnails of available views including Panes but in the view I get the box that opens "Add Library View" the only selection is a window titled "Empty View" and states "A blank view that you can build from scratch."  Below that are two selections under Name: New Library View which I assume I am to simply name my new view. Below that is Location: and in the drop down box the default (Root). There are several selections all beginning with Audio.  I selected Audio/Artists/Albums. When I did that it gave me a working window for Panes and the ability to Add items. However it appeared to be applying it to the entire library all 883 artists and not the 49 artists from the selected Smartlist I wanted to create the View in.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help With Creating Panes View In Smartlist
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 09:25:15 am »

Hi there mwheelerk,

You cannot add panes to a smartlist, but you can create a library view that is retricted to the contents of a smartlist.

It sounds as though you have your view there, under audio, so now you can modify that view to filter down to the subset of audio files you have applied in your smartlist.
Right click on your view and choose the customise option.
In the right pane, look for, and click on, 'set rules for file display'
Add rule > Playlists | Is any | <pick your smartlist from the drop down>

OK all the way out.

That's one way. Now any artists that fall into that smartlist will also appear in this view. Unless you need the smartlist for some other reason, it probably makes sense to move the rules into the 'set rules for file dispaly' area of the view, and delete the smartlist, if for no other reason than tidiness within your library.

You could also explore adding a pane to your view that is based on playlist group. Perhaps create a copy of the view (drag > drop on Audio > Choose copy from the resulting menu) to mess about with.
A couple of older threads you may, or may not, find useful noted below. The first relates to MC13, the second, MC17. Both still contain current information, with the v17 link, pretty much all applicable at this time.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52090.msg355419#msg355419
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68960.0

-marko

Pages: [1]   Go Up