INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Find & Replace Function  (Read 1366 times)

jrobbins

• Junior Woodchuck
Batch Find & Replace Function
« on: July 14, 2014, 04:06:25 pm »

Hello, crew.  I have copied a lot of music folders from my NAS to a portable hard drive.  I imported the playlists from my NAS to MC19 on my laptop.  The file paths in the imported playlists are, of course, no longer the same on my portable drive.  As an example, what was formerly J:\Music\ is now E:\Music\.

I can successfully open an individual playlist, select all songs in it, and right click to select Library Tools\Rename, Move & Copy Files.  This allows me to use the Find & Replace function, which correctly lets me set the new file path for songs in that playlist.

I have hundreds of playlists and don't want to do this manually, playlist by playlist.  Is there a way to automate the Find & Replace function as a batch?  Thanks.  JCR

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Batch Find & Replace Function
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 04:09:52 pm »

Pick 'Audio' in the tree and select all the files.  Then do a Find & Replace.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jrobbins

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 04:52:34 pm »

Thanks, Matt (and welcome back).  Two followup questions:

1. What "tree" do you mean?  I had been doing this playlist by playlist, so I don't know where this "tree" is located.

2. I actually need to change three or four file paths.  Am I correct that, once I understand what you suggest I do, I can run the find and replace multiple times, changing each time what I am looking for and replacing?  Example:  first run is to look for all J:\Music\ paths and change them to E:|Music\.  Second run is to look for \\N7700\Media\Music\ paths and change them to E:\Music\.

Thanks.  JCR

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 04:55:17 pm »

1. What "tree" do you mean?  I had been doing this playlist by playlist, so I don't know where this "tree" is located.

Use Audio in the main tree.  It'll show ALL audio files in the library.  That way, it's only a single Find & Replace.

jrobbins

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 05:17:33 pm »

I hear you, but I am still lost as to where the "tree" is to begin with.  Will you kindly provide the keystrokes -- i.e., File\Library\Import...  I am just not following where to start.  :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 05:30:36 pm »

The tree is the thing on the left hand side of the main program.

jrobbins

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 05:44:34 pm »

Fabulous!  I ran it multiple times for each path that I wanted to change.  All the playlists are now working again.  Excellent feature and thanks for taking me through the steps!  Cheers.  JCR
Pages: [1]   Go Up