INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Scheduler  (Read 1073 times)

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Scheduler
« on: February 11, 2002, 05:00:09 pm »

I decided to use it if it was going to be there anyway so I scheduled a simple task. I went to the "default" task which is "Start Media Jukebox" 1 minute from now and turn it off after 1 more minute. I got a pagefault error three times. MJ starts just fine from the taskbar but Media Scheduler doesn't seem to be able to do it. Am I doing something wrong?

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

dremo

RE:Media Scheduler
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2002, 05:47:16 pm »

I have a different question about the Media Scheduler, but didn't want to start a new subject. I have MJ set so it does NOT start playing a song when I start it up. Is there anyway in the media scheduler to set it up to play a song without having to turn on the Start Playing Current Playlist option? I've heard that MJ had a command line function, but I have yet to find any documentation on it? Could I do this by setting up a custom task and using a command line? Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on the subject.

Raymond

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2002, 04:59:50 am »

Charlemagne8,
Do you know where the error came from, Media Scheduler or MJ? Is MJ Running before the task starts?

dremo,
Yes, you could do that using the Custom Task. Click on the Command Shortcuts button and select "Play a media file", replace < PATH_TO_A_MEDIA_FILE> with the actual path to the media file you wish to play.

dremo

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2002, 07:09:15 am »

I have another question. I would like to to start playing a smartplaylist that I have in MJ. It seems with the scheduler I can only play 1 song or a saved playlist (.m3u). I want to play a list that is stored in MJ's library. Thanks again for the help.

Drew

Raymond

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2002, 08:43:23 am »

dremo,

Currently Media Jukebox does not handle that but it might be in the future. You could program the scheduler to play more than one file by adding semi-colon in between files. For example
/Play “C:\Music1.mp3;C:\Music2.mp3;C:\Music3.mp3”

Ray

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2002, 05:10:39 pm »

Raymond,
Sorry I took so long to get back. This is the error message I get: "MEDIA JUKEBOX caused an invalid page fault in module MSVCRT20.DLL".
MJ is not on at the time.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up