INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manually create DVD particles  (Read 1119 times)

pahunt

• World Citizen
Manually create DVD particles
« on: July 09, 2014, 04:49:38 am »

I am currently going through the process of ripping my TV DVD box sets. The method I have chosen is to rip each disc and then create a particle for each episode. For most discs the "Auto Create BD/DVD Title Particles" does the job perfectly but there are just a few discs that are causing me issues. This appears to be a disc issue rather than an MC issue as for instance I have one disc that contains 6 episodes but they have been bundled together as one title.

Therefore I am trying to create particles manually by specifying a playback range but no matter what range I enter the particle always seems to start from the beginning of the disc and the duration of the particle is the duration of the entire disc. I known there are some idiosyncrasies with particles still but a search did not highlight anything about this particular issue so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

pahunt

• World Citizen
Re: Manually create DVD particles
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 03:00:29 am »

Bump

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 04:29:47 am »

You need to create the time-based particles on top of a title based particle, otherwise without a title mapping it'll play the DVD using the navigation.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 04:31:29 am »

You need to create the time-based particles on top of a title based particle, otherwise without a title mapping it'll play the DVD using the navigation.

Ah, so what you're saying is that I run the Auto Create first and then create particles on top of the single particle that it generates. Great I'll give that a go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up