INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: continuous crashing! Solved, my bad  (Read 1035 times)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
continuous crashing! Solved, my bad
« on: July 13, 2014, 05:06:34 pm »

i've been trying to add an expression to video which appends a quality statement to the end (i.e. 480,720,1080,etc).  i can get the expressions to work fine, what i've done i:

math([Width / [Height])

then apply ifelse statements to the results.  as long as i stay in the video window,  the expressions work and i can sort by the results

however, the moment i exit that video window (i've been working in a customized files view that i use to test out expressions all the time), MC19 crashes.  when you exit a view (as you know) it asks to save that view if you've made changes.  saving it doesn't help (crashes).  not saving it doesn't help (crashes).  i can go through all the other video windows fine (genre, etc.) but if i try to re-enter that one view it immediately crashes.  browsing through Audio/Images, etc. seems to be just fine

my first suspicion, is that some of the video files don't seem to have a width/height (probably corrupt files or whatever) so maybe the math is crashing on division by zero.  so...i'd love to just erase those columns and get on with life but i can't!  i deleted the offending expressions through "customize view" but again crashed, and the changes were not saved.

please someone help!

iamimdoc

• World Citizen
Re: continuous crashing!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 05:32:21 pm »

I don't do any of the stuff that you do, etcetera, but presumably there is a closing bracket after width in your expression?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
Re: continuous crashing!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 05:35:42 pm »

thanks for replying

ya, the expressions were working fine, i was getting the correct answer from the math()

but i can't go back and check the expressions anymore, i can't do anything with that one view at all.  just immediate crash

i'm now looking through the user settings.ini since there has to be something in there about the view configuration....but i can't find it, it's obviously there but not called out in human language LOL

ok EDIT:  didn't figure out what the problem ended up as (i suspect the division by zero) but i have solved it by deleting the Video/Files view and just reconstructing a new one.  simple fix but scared me there.  so far so good, no crashes and haven't had to restore a backup

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: continuous crashing! Solved, my bad
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 07:47:21 pm »

I am trying to reproduce a divide by zero error, but I'm not having any luck.

For example, Math(3/0) does the right thing.  Filling in a field that's empty also does the right thing.

Any clues?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ferday

• MC Beta Team
Re: continuous crashing! Solved, my bad
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 08:39:02 pm »

Oh, I kinda wished you didn't say that, I was convinced I had the problem licked

I was going to try again so I'll see if it changes.  I crashed her about 30 times trying all different stuff before I gave up
If I can recreate it I'll log it, it never crossed my mind to do so last time
Pages: [1]   Go Up