INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Successfully Imported message box  (Read 1277 times)

LCtheDJ

Successfully Imported message box
« on: February 11, 2002, 09:23:35 am »

When I do a fresh import of media, I get a message at the end something like 'Successfully imported 3674 files of 3688 attempted', and follows with a list of the files successfully imported.  That's fine, but I'm not about to compare that list against all files on my drive to find out which 14 did not get imported.  It would be much more useful to me if the report showed the 14 that did not import, instead of the 3,674 that did.  I'd like to look into the 14 and find out why they didn't import, but I'm just too lazy to find out which ones they are by checking off the three thousand six hundred seventy-four that came over ok from a list of all the music files that I have.

Am I the only one that sees this in this way?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:Successfully Imported message box
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2002, 09:36:01 am »

at one time it gave you a list first part was what was not imported, second was what was.

if it is not including what was not it may be a bug.

also somthing nice would be a buton

"print Files That Were Not Imported"
"print Files That Was Imported"
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

LCtheDJ

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2002, 09:51:24 am »

I thought that at one time a list of the import failures was provided.  I think that was in MJ7.  The latest MJ8 beta does it the way I described here.  Here's one area I would like to see revert to an older way of doing things.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2002, 10:31:41 am »

Did you try scrolling all the way down to the end of the list? I could have sworn I've seen 8 list files that it failed to import, but I could be wrong.

LCtheDJ

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2002, 11:05:59 am »

I vaguely remember the same; it could have been an early beta build, but the current and recent builds don't.  Yes, I scrolled all the way to the bottom of the message box.

Ton-Up

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2002, 12:21:14 pm »

This is something I was going to bring up but it looks like I've been beaten to it, so just count this as another vote for the return of this feature.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2002, 12:24:46 pm »

Yes, by all means bring this back, and preferably, put the list of failures at the top. It just seems like the more important piece of information to me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up