INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failed To Import Message Box  (Read 634 times)

Chico

Failed To Import Message Box
« on: February 11, 2002, 07:06:37 am »

When I go to rip CDs, I occasionally get a message box that pops up saying "Failed to import media file".  Not sure why this is because when I rip just that track, it copies and imports OK.  When the Message Box pops up, it halts all further ripping until it is ackowledged.  Usually, I'll start to rip a CD then go off and do something else while the computer is doing it's thing.  It is frustration to come back assuming that the whole CD will be ripped only to find a message box that stopped the ripping after the third of fourth song because of some failure.  It's pretty annoying.  

First: Is anyone else having the "Failed to import" message box pop up a little more than normal, and can it be fixed if it is a bug?

Second: What I would like to see, if possible, is when a file fails to rip for any reason, that the message box doesn't pop up.  If a user is ripping a CD and an error occurs, have MJ continue to rip all ensuing tracks, then give a status at the end of the ripping to indicate which (if any) tracks failed to rip or import.  That way, at least all of the tracks that ripped OK will have been done and only the tracks that failed need be re-ripped.  Maybe a flag can be set to stop ripping if a certain number of tracks fail to import or something like that so a lot of time and resorces isn't waisted trying to rip a CD that failes for what ever reason.
Does that sound like a something that can be done?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:Failed To Import Message Box
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2002, 08:04:27 am »

About the second one, we're going to add an EAC-like summary dialog after ripping instead of popup messages.

As for the first, I'm not sure.  Are you using MJ 7.2 or 8?

Thanks.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Chico

RE:Failed To Import Message Box
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2002, 09:02:40 am »

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.199

ThanX Matt,

Here is my current set-up...

CPU: Intel Pentium III 498 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 168 MB
Resource Info: System - 29 %, GDI - 35 %, User - 29 %