INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver MC playing my .WAV files as mp3.  (Read 1138 times)

GolfingPlowboy

JRiver MC playing my .WAV files as mp3.
« on: July 21, 2014, 09:17:08 am »

Newbie here and using the trial version of MC. I recently purchased a Denon AVR-X3000 A/V receiver and they suggested JRiver MC as a DLNA server. I have the AVR connected to my home network via an ethernet cable. As I said, I am using the trial version and am unfamiliar with the MC so please forgive my ignorance. I successfully imported my music library of 30,000 + songs, all in .WAV format. The problem is when I play any file back on my Denon using the JR MC it is being converted to MP3 and I do not know why. I can play these same files using either Logitech Media Server or Windows Media Player on my Denon and they play as .WAV (or FLAC, whichever I select). I must have something set up wrong or the default output is MP3. Can someone point me in the right direction? I have 10 days left on the trial version so I have been looking at this problem off and on for 20 days with no success. I like this MC but if I cannot get it to play other than MP3 I will not be purchasing it.

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver MC playing my .WAV files as mp3.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 09:51:01 am »

Tools → Options → Media Network → Add or configure DLNA servers → Audio Mode/Format

GolfingPlowboy

Re: JRiver MC playing my .WAV files as mp3.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 12:50:53 pm »

Thanks for the speedy reply. It was spot on and I am now listening to my Beatles remasters in .WAV on my Denon. Thanks so much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up