INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 19.0.152 does not sync playlists to my Galaxy S4  (Read 1043 times)

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
MC 19.0.152 does not sync playlists to my Galaxy S4
« on: July 23, 2014, 10:36:10 am »

Both methods of syncing files to my phone fail to copy over the playlists:
  • Drag the playlist into the sync panel in the lower left
  • Set up a sync via the options panel

The result is that all the mp3s end up correctly in the phone's Music folder, but the Playlists folder is empty. Previous versions of MC correctly put the playlists into the Playlists folder.
I have USB debugging on, as I read elsewhere that might help. It didn't help this.

Is this a known bug or "user error"  :)?

Cheers,
Jeff

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 19.0.152 does not sync playlists to my Galaxy S4
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 10:50:00 am »

Is your "Playlist Path:" set correctly in the handheld options?

Are you using a compatible playlist format?

What happens if you manually export a playlist and copy it over?

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 12:25:28 pm »

Thanks for the questions, Bryan.

Well, first and foremost, since I didn't manually change any settings when I upgraded MC versions, I would expect that everything stayed the same and should have just worked like it has in the past. That said...
  • Yes, the Playlist Path is set correctly
  • Playlist format??? Hmmm... I don't see anywhere to set that on the handheld options. Besides, regardless of the format, I would still expect to see some kind of file in the Playlist Path folder on the device, and I don't
  • If I manually export a playlist, I expect that the file paths will be totally wrong when I manually move it to the device. I'll give it a try and let you know though

Cheers,
Jeff

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 12:48:43 pm »

I cannot do a manual export (with or without the "Store paths relative to exported playlist location"), because the "Save in" location picker doesn't show my connected device! Seems like a bug, because I can see the phone's microSD card via Windows Explorer just fine. The path is "Computer\Jeff's Galaxy S4\Card\Playlists". Yea, it lacks a drive letter. I suspect that is another symptom of the problem. But bear in mind that despite all this, MC was able to successfully sync the mp3 files to the Music folder on the very same device! Just not the m3u files.  :(

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 05:13:03 pm »

I cannot do a manual export (with or without the "Store paths relative to exported playlist location"), because the "Save in" location picker doesn't show my connected device! Seems like a bug, because I can see the phone's microSD card via Windows Explorer just fine. The path is "Computer\Jeff's Galaxy S4\Card\Playlists". Yea, it lacks a drive letter. I suspect that is another symptom of the problem. But bear in mind that despite all this, MC was able to successfully sync the mp3 files to the Music folder on the very same device! Just not the m3u files.  :(

Usually playlists are an issue when the device is connected as an MTP device and not an MSC device. You might check to see if there are alternative drivers for your phone that force it to connect in MSC mode.

If you cannot find any, you might try updating the drivers for your phone to a generic mass media storage device.

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 07:13:31 pm »

Thanks again for your time and insights, Bryan. While I will pursue your suggestions, it seems that since I have not updated my phone, and it has always connected as an MTP device, that the new failure to download playlists lies with the new version of MC. Just sayin'.

Cheers,
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up