INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo not respecting bookmarks  (Read 2277 times)

pahunt

• World Citizen
Gizmo not respecting bookmarks
« on: April 26, 2014, 04:04:08 pm »

I've started to use Gizmo on my phone recently as my iPod packed up and while for the most part it works really nicely, one annoyance is that it doesn't remember bookmarks in podcasts and so I have to find my place manually each time I start listening. Is there a way around this or is there some technical limitation that means it can't be done?

pahunt

• World Citizen
Re: Gizmo not respecting bookmarks
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 06:05:03 am »

Anyone got any ideas?

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 07:24:47 am »

It is my understanding that Gizmo transcodes everything so Bookmarks would not be possible.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 08:56:53 am »

OK, that makes sense, shame though. But I wonder if this post from earlier this year should be cause for hope though?

Untouched  "as-is" streaming is something we're exploring for a re-vamp of the streaming options, both for DLNA and Gizmo.
I don't have a specific timeframe for this yet, though.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 05:43:52 am »

This is probably the main reason that I don't use Media Center for podcasts.
I had it set up to download a handful of them initially, but without syncing across devices, it's not a very useful feature.

Same thing for when I decide to watch a couple of television episodes on my iPad - playback progress is not monitored, and episodes don't get marked as having been played when an episode finishes.

I love the idea of a central server for all this stuff, but without syncing progress its usefulness is limited.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 05:48:47 am »

Transcoding doesn't really have much to do with it, you could still seek in the files and listen to them from the middle on, for example. You can do that manually in Gizmo, so why wouldn't it be able to do that automatically.
As-is playback would certainly make seeking easier/faster, but its not impossible today.

I'm not exactly sure why Gizmo doesn't respect bookmarks. I'll think about it.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 06:44:00 am »

Thanks Hendrik. If there is a way to implement it, it would be much appreciated.

Castius

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 08:35:06 am »

That would be very nice.

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 08:08:34 am »

Gentle bump. Hendrik did you have time to have any thoughts on this as it really is a bit of a showstopper for me currently.

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 07:54:23 am »

Unfortunately I've had to go with another solution for podcasts. I'd love to use Media Center but the lack of bookmarks in Gizmo makes it too frustrating for me currently.

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 02:39:24 am »

+1 on the need for setting bookmarks in podcasts.  ALSO, I am really missing persistent marking of "read" podcast episodes; i.e., marking that will not get lost from a handheld (iPod) when syncing. Now, every time I sync my iPod with MC, all episodes appear on the handheld as not read.  A nuisance!
Pages: [1]   Go Up