INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 19.0.160 -- Available Here  (Read 5832 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 19.0.160 -- Available Here
« on: August 04, 2014, 10:20:14 am »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190160.exe

19.0.160 (8/4/2014)

1. Fixed: Track changes could be early when the audio format changed.

19.0.159 (8/4/2014)

1. Fixed: Stopping image playback while audio was playing could crash.

19.0.158 (7/28/2014)

1. Fixed: Category browsing was not working properly.

19.0.157 (7/25/2014)

1. Fixed: Sorting of number fields respects the global setting for sorting empty values last.
2. Fixed: In rare cases going into a level in a library view could result in the wrong display text.
3. Fixed: When more recordings were scheduled than the number of available tuners, scheduled television recordings could be handled incorrectly, resulting in numerous short recordings of different television programs.
4. Fixed: "Live TV" button on remote control did not work correctly (always displayed error message "The TV channel 0 was not found").
5. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun!).

19.0.156 (7/23/2014)

1. NEW: Video only television channel (such as security camera) can be played in time-shifting mode.
2. NEW: Replacing slashes in expressions is optional in Rename, Move, & Copy Files.
3. Fixed: Cross-fades could play incorrectly between varying sample rates.
4. Fixed: After removing a file from the library of a smartlist, it could switch to showing the entire library.
5. Fixed: Seeking did not work for jtv recordings of audio only television programs.

19.0.155 (7/21/2014)

1. NEW: Added 1x DSD output encoding using ASIO.
2. Fixed: Converting a DSD file to a normal PCM file could fail.
3. Fixed: There could be problems switching sample rates.
4. Changed: Improved the resilience of MPO image parsing.
5. Fixed: An empty date (or empty other field) could sort in an indeterminate manner.

19.0.154 (7/18/2014)

1. Fixed: MC would not correctly parse some DVD's with an unusual authoring scheme.  The result was that we did audio analysis on the wrong title (like one of the very short menu titles).
2. Fixed: When editing an existing OpenCable television channel, the existing channel number was not automatically filled in.
3. Fixed: When creating a new STB channel, or editing an existing STB channel, MC did not offer IR device and port selection boxes.
4. Fixed: Field names with a dash in them cause problems when selecting them in a Smartlist for the sort criteria.
5. Fixed: Some expressions would evaluate incorrectly in the last build.
6. Changed: Increased Netflix API timeout length to 10 minutes as some API calls take longer than they should.
7. Fixed: When editing or creating a DVB television channel, "Is DVB2" checkbox was not offered.

19.0.153 (7/16/2014)

1. Fixed: Removing a zone didn't stop playback in the zone.
2. Fixed: Preview mode was not working properly.
3. Fixed: Expressions could be stale in certain cases.
4. Changed: MC handles system power events slightly differently.
5. Changed: DLNA will send subtitle resources with the option checked even if DLNAExtra is disabled.
6. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun!).
7. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/Playback/UpdatePlayStats to update the play stats for a file.
8. Fixed: The player could inherit the sample rate of the last file for the next file.

19.0.152 (7/14/2014)

1. Changed: When playing with real-time DSD output, a sample rate change of the input won't reset the output DAC.
2. Changed: DLNA sample time when not controlling a zone backed off to 2 seconds.
3. NEW: DLNA will play to stream only devices (i.e. Raumfeld Speakers).
4. NEW: DLNA subscribing to Rendering Control events structure added.
5. Changed: DLNA device alive call using GetTransportSettings (which is required by the spec).
6. Fixed: Double-click on the lamp shade for party mode password circumvention wasn't working.  Note that Control and Shift must be held during the double-click.

19.0.151 (7/11/2014)

1. Fixed: Get Movie & TV Info was getting a low resolution image from Rotten Tomatoes.
2. Faster: Browser components cache their expression so using a big expression in a pane is faster.
3. Fixed: Skinned scrollbars and possibly other resources would not shrink properly when drawing.
4. NEW: Audio-only television channels (DVB) can now be played in time-shifting mode.
5. Fixed: Format conversion could fail.

19.0.150 (7/9/2014)

1. Fixed: When scheduling television recordings in Theater View, default recording settings "Cleanup mode" and "Auto Tagging" were not applied.
2. Changed: Added ability to edit "Cleanup Mode" when scheduling television recordings in Theater View.
3. Changed: Added 'Date Recorded' as a sorting preset for Category views.
4. Fixed: Really big expressions (many paragraphs) could cause a crash.
5. Changed: JRiver servers respond with a X-JRiver-Access-Key field stating the access key (so devices could auto-connect).
6. Fixed: Content that was 352,800 Hz would not play properly in the "No change" sample rate mode.
7. NEW: Added '4xDSD in native format' to the real-time DSD encoding choices.

19.0.149 (7/2/2014)

1. Fixed: After deleting files from a Smartlist, the list would not always update properly.
2. NEW: Added a "Save settings as defaults" button on television recording wizard, to save certain settings, including auto tagging, to be applied in subsequent recordings when they are scheduled.
3. Fixed: The previous build (148) was not showing files on handheld devices.
4. Fixed: MCWS/v1/DSP/Set changes didn't take effect until a dialog was shown (now changes take effect right away).
5. Changed: MCWS/v1/DSP/Set takes a zone parameter.
6. Fixed: The minimize button in the player could draw stretched in Mini View mode.
7. Fixed: Send To > Gallery > Flickr was not working.

19.0.148 (6/30/2014)

1. Fixed: Skinning supports over-sized radio buttons.
2. Fixed: Skinning supports over-sized search clear buttons.
3. Fixed: Some files in TS (transport stream) format would not play on LS clients.
4. Changed: The text drawing engine will allow a newline after an underscore character _, so that text that uses underscores will flow more naturally in a list.
5. Changed: Added an example to MCWS/v1/DSP/Set to show users how to use it.
6. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Regis!).
7. Changed: For Mac/Linux compatibility, the handheld plugin now uses a custom interface rather than using MC's automation interface.
8. Fixed: The visualization plugin could crash in recent builds.
9. Fixed: Changing television zooming to preset sizes ("Fit Window", "100%", "200%") using context menu options did not re-center the video.

19.0.147 (6/27/2014)

1. Changed: Skinning supports over-sized checkbox controls.
2. Fixed: The size of the thumbnail size slider would be one pixel different between the top and bottom lists.
3. NEW: Rewrote the Theater View > Shoutcast implementation using an official API key.
4. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Regis!).
5. Changed: AVerMedia HD Capture video capture device will use Red October Standard/HQ/Custom selection of video renderer, instead of Windows default renderer.
6. Changed: Red October Standard/HQ/Custom selection of video renderer will be used with Video capture devices with hardware compression in non-timeshifting mode (it has already been done previously for timeshifting mode).
7. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/DSP/Set function for turning a DSP on or off.

19.0.146 (6/25/2014)

1. Changed: Improved WPL exporting.
2. Changed: When all tracks from an album have multiple artists but all the tracks have the same list the first artist will be used for Album Artist (auto) instead of (Multiple Artists).
3. Fixed: Television recording option text "Keep recording after the program ends (use negative value to stop early) by:" was too long to fit in window if larger font was used.
4. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).

19.0.145 (6/23/2014)

1. Changed: Season is enabled for audio.
2. Changed: Added support for MPGV files.
3. Changed: Tracks with multiple artists will use (Multiple Artists) for Album Artist Auto.
4. Changed: On edit television channel list window, added a "Save Channel Order" button.  Channel ordering will not automatically be saved if a user only clicks the channel header.  If the user uses Move Up/Down to change ordering, a confirmation dialog will be displayed upon leaving such mode.
5. Changed: When removing the playing file from Playing Now the next file will start playing.
6. Changed: The field "Involved People" maps to the ID3v2 tag IPLS.
7. Fixed: Seeking in Gizmo was not working in 19.0.144.

19.0.144 (6/20/2014)

1. Changed: Sample rate conversion can specify different values for 352,800 and 384,000 input sample rates.
2. Changed: MCWS/v1/File/CreateParticle returns created keys as a Keys parameter.
3. Fixed: DVD Title Playback offers all audio streams, instead of only one.
4. Faster: Converting audio to 64-bit for internal processing is up to 50% faster.
5. Fixed: Parsing of some JSON formatted web results was incorrect, especially arrays of data.  Could affect results from Youtube, Facebook, TheMovieDB, Rotten Tomatoes and others.
6. Changed: Reworded "Start recording early by:" to remind users that they can use negative values to delay starting of recording a television show.
7. Changed: Merged DVBC frequency tables Switzerland.cablecom.xml and Switzerland.UPC Cablecom.xml
8. Changed: DLNA sends alive messages when it resumes from standby.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

K_C_

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 19.0.160 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 12:27:28 pm »

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90512.msg621917#msg621917

This problem still exists in 160. Would you please fix it?  :'(

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 12:31:47 pm »

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90512.msg621917#msg621917

This problem still exists in 160. Would you please fix it?  :'(

Could you state the problem again?  I don't think I'm able to reproduce it, but if you could state it again cleanly I'd try.

thediscman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 12:34:21 pm »

19.0.160 (8/4/2014)

I'm still having this issue, even after the update to 19.0.160, when the track change is from standard def flac to 24-192 flac.

Is it only me?

cabu8803

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 06:07:25 pm »

MC 160 still crashes when fading from a flac with 2 channels to a flac with 6 channels regardless of the sampling rate of the involved flacs.

Regards

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 08:13:53 pm »

Could you state the problem again?  I don't think I'm able to reproduce it, but if you could state it again cleanly I'd try.

I believe it is the same issue as described here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90537.msg621877#msg621877

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 08:39:25 pm »

The following issues remain:

1 - When DSP is set to encode to DSD (1x, 2x or 4x), if changing from a PCM track to a DSD track it encodes the native DSD input to the DSD rate set in DSP Studio and causes a strong noise if using ASIO. This is happening with bitstreaming set to DSD. Stopping and playing the DSD track again makes the bitstreaming work properly.

2 - With no DSP enabled, in a playlist with a mix of PCM and DSD, when a DSD track that is followed by a PCM track ends, the last few seconds keep repeating and the next PCM track is never played. The length of the loop seems to be related to the prebuffer size. This happens for DoP. ASIO with native DSD plays fine.

3 - When using WASAPI, the last track of the playlist never ends. The track time display changes from the time to "waiting" a few seconds before the end of the track and remains like this indefinitely. My guess is that MC is trying to fill the prebuffer but there is no next track and it gets stuck. While "waiting" is displayed, the sound card is still being used by MC and no other program can use it despite MC is producing no sound.

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 09:51:44 pm »

So far.. the early ending of tracks is solved here.

thediscman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 12:48:30 am »

So far.. the early ending of tracks is solved here.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll experiment some more on my end.

K_C_

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 03:58:23 am »

Could you state the problem again?  I don't think I'm able to reproduce it, but if you could state it again cleanly I'd try.

I am using the TEAC UD501 DAC. I am using the native ASIO DSD bitstreaming with 5.6MHz upsample for all PCM files.

So if I play a PCM file, MC upsamples to 5.6M DSD, works great.

But then if a native 2.8MHz file (SACD ISO mostly) follows that PCM file, the DAC still stuck at 5.6MHz and hence noise is heard.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90606.msg622461#msg622461
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90606.msg622487#msg622487

We are all talking about the same thing and I don't know if WE are clear enough or not.  :-X

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 04:11:02 am »

I can't locate Cover Art for a song or album using Tools > Locate > Advanced > Image File. Most of my cover arts are stored in a specified folder according to Options > File Location. I also notice that image files can't be located if they are stored in the album folder. But maybe I have missed something here...

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 05:19:41 am »

If a song is playing which appears twice in Playing Now and the second, not playing one is removed from Playing Now the current playing song will start again. I think it started with 19.0.145. For me it seems connected to this one:

[...]
19.0.145 (6/23/2014)
[...]
5. Changed: When removing the playing file from Playing Now the next file will start playing.
[...]

But this of course is only a guess...

John57

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 11:08:31 am »

I am using the TEAC UD501 DAC. I am using the native ASIO DSD bitstreaming with 5.6MHz upsample for all PCM files.

So if I play a PCM file, MC upsamples to 5.6M DSD, works great.

But then if a native 2.8MHz file (SACD ISO mostly) follows that PCM file, the DAC still stuck at 5.6MHz and hence noise is heard.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90606.msg622461#msg622461
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90606.msg622487#msg622487

We are all talking about the same thing and I don't know if WE are clear enough or not.  :-X

I have this same issue with the IFI iDSD micro as well.

tyler69

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 12:35:50 pm »

Same problem as described by K_C_ with an exaSound e20.

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 04:00:54 pm »

19.0.160 (8/4/2014)

I'm still having this issue, even after the update to 19.0.160, when the track change is from standard def flac to 24-192 flac.

Is it only me?

Yes, same issue on my system. Realized it when playing a flac file and then an mp3 file. Tried it the other way round. Same behaviour.

AND:
Still can't see my custom Theater views, described here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90606.msg623637#msg623637

They also disappeared in theater view settings. Only emtpy lines there now. Look at the picture.

Is there a way to get them back?
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 09:39:43 pm »

19.0.160 (8/4/2014)

Yes, same issue on my system. Realized it when playing a flac file and then an mp3 file. Tried it the other way round. Same behavior.

Same issue here, playing a list, 320 mp3>standard cd flac and vice-versa. If it isn't audible watch the countdown timer get whacky in the last few seconds prior to track change. Went back to version .146.
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

K_C_

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 09:16:04 am »

I can't locate Cover Art for a song or album using Tools > Locate > Advanced > Image File. Most of my cover arts are stored in a specified folder according to Options > File Location. I also notice that image files can't be located if they are stored in the album folder. But maybe I have missed something here...

Same here. Just wanna tag some SACD ISOs but I cannot import the cover art anymore. :(

Just tried if I switched to some other views (e.g. from "Artists" to "Recent Albums"), the cover art suddenly shown up!!

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 10:03:10 am »

Same here. Just wanna tag some SACD ISOs but I cannot import the cover art anymore. Sad
Just tried if I switched to some other views (e.g. from "Artists" to "Recent Albums"), the cover art suddenly shown up!!

I have no problem seeing the cover art in the library, my problem is that I cannot locate them using Locate > Advanced > Image File. Or should I use another way to locate cover arts...?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2014, 10:16:31 am »

If a song is playing which appears twice in Playing Now and the second, not playing one is removed from Playing Now the current playing song will start again. I think it started with 19.0.145. For me it seems connected to this one:

But this of course is only a guess...

Next build:
Fixed: If a track was in Playing Now twice, removing the second while the first was playing would restart playback.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 10:22:04 am »

I'm surprised that I'm the first one reporting this bug...
Thank you again for fixing one of "my" problems this fast! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up