INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Added websites in Connected Media lost after reboot  (Read 1769 times)

Reigi

• Recent member
Added websites in Connected Media lost after reboot
« on: July 24, 2014, 09:04:28 am »

There is the possibility to add Web-Media under Audio and Video with "Add Website". That works very well. But after a reboot all manual added Websites are gone. Even a "Back Up Library" (before reboot) and "Restore Library" won't bring them back. What's wrong?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Added websites in Connected Media lost after reboot
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 09:05:46 am »

Are you trying to add them from a copy of MC connected as a Client of another server?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Reigi

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 11:21:36 am »

definitely no  ;)

Reigi

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 09:14:19 am »

some screenshots to show my problem:

Web1 = add RedBull.tv as Website
Web2 = show RedBull.tv in the menu under Web-Medien. This remains so after closing and start MC
Web3 = after reboot RedBull.tv is lost

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 12:10:42 pm »

I cannot reproduce this.  Items I add to Connected Media do persist through both closing MC and rebooting.

A few notes and questions:

1. MC does not actually care about reboots.  I suspect what is happening is that when you "close" MC, it isn't actually closing, because it is set to run the Library Server in the tray.

If Tools > Options > Startup > Windows Startup is set to any setting that includes Media Server then closing the main MC UI (via the X in the corner) does NOT close the application, but puts it down in the System Tray in Media Server mode.

You can force the Media Server to close by finding the icon in the System Tray, right clicking, and closing it there.

2. Are you doing anything to rename Connected Media to the "internationalized" version, Web-Medien?  I see in your first screenshot, that it shows up as Web-Medien.  But then, in your "post-reset" screenshot, it shows in English.  Any idea how that happens?  When, and how, does it change from Connected Media to Web-Medien?

3. I wonder if your Library is loading Read-Only for some reason, and you checked the "don't tell me this again" box in the dialog, so you don't realize it.  Can you go to Tools > Options > General > Advanced and click the Reset all confirmation messages button.

Then, close MC completely (make sure to include the Tray Icon discussed above) and re-open it.  Do you get a "this will be opened read-only" message?

4. Where is the Library itself stored on disk, specifically?  You can check, if you don't know, in the Library Manager.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 12:15:27 pm »

I have found that Media Center loses any changes to Connected Media if it crashes, but if the program closes properly, it seems to be working fine.

Reigi

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 04:52:37 am »

Glynor, thanks for your explanation.
1. Exactly this was the reason for loosing the links. After closing the server in the tray and rebooting, all links are there.
2. I've changed the language under tools. Vice versa when I change back to german "Web-Medien" remains by "connected Media"  ;)
3. not "Read-only"
4. the Library is stored specifically on the Harddisk of the Server.

Thanks again for your help.

Reigi

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 04:57:24 am »

And one more question.
Is it possible to organize the weblinks in folders?
Pages: [1]   Go Up