INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd Results/Syncing Behaviour Between MC18 & Samsung Galaxy Note II [Android 4.3  (Read 2962 times)

wraith

• Recent member

Hi,

I'm attempting to re-sync my Samsung Galaxy Note II [SGN2] with a smart-play list created in JRMC18 [v18.0.212]. I'm discovering odd/anomalous reporting on what is required to be synchronised. These oddities include:

* MC reporting that files in folder "XXXX" are "On Device" when, in fact, they have been moved to folder "YYYY" [files were moved between sync's]. I was expecting MC to report status for "Delete on Sync" against those files on my SGN2 that are in folder "XXXX" and "In Queue" for those in folder "YYYY" [effectively mirroring the new folder structure back onto the SGN2];

* The total size of music MC is planning on copying across to the SGN2 exceeds the capacity of the sd card. The issue here is this isn't correct. The total space for music is 27Gb, with 10.0Gb of that consumed by the previous sync [leaving 17.0Gb actual free space]. The new sync size is 21.6Gb, still less than 27Gb. MC is reporting that the size of files to transfer is "1.9Gb Over Capacity"! I would expect the re-sync to, without the detail, effectively report 11.6Gb of new music with an unknown volume of replacement, leaving 5.4Gb free!

Anyone come across these, or similar issues, and been able to resolve?
System: Intel Quad Core
            6Gb RAM
MC: 20.0.080

Louis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • It only looks like an optical illusion

Much the same problem of incorrectly reported capacity issues applies to Xperia Z1 (4.4.2) using MC19. I found by eliminating Smartlists from the playlists to sync would enable a couple more successful sync's before becoming overwhelmed with sync errors that required a start from scratch (ie wiping all the music files from the phone).

Also deselecting "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list" reduces the severity of sync problems including incorrectly reported capacity issues, but you have to start from scratch to eliminate files that have changed or you no longer want on the phone.

I don't have the option of using MSC mode with the Xperia Z1 (4.4.2), but I understand that if that USB connection mode is available (that option was available with Android 4.2) a more reliable sync is possible compared with the MTP mode.
Pages: [1]   Go Up