INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Concert Video Imports?  (Read 1291 times)

Glimmie

• Junior Woodchuck
Concert Video Imports?
« on: July 27, 2014, 03:02:45 pm »

How do you handle concert video imports? If you import them as "Movies", they end up in the Movie directory and they are not movies, at least as I see it.

If you import them as "TV Shows", then they can't get new cover art or other info because TV Shows wants a series name.

So I have to import them as movies, get the cover art and other info, then move them to TV Shows.

There must be a better way?

I would like a separate "concert" position on the home page but I can't seem to make one.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Concert Video Imports?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 03:19:51 pm »

How do you handle concert video imports? If you import them as "Movies", they end up in the Movie directory and they are not movies, at least as I see it.

If you import them as "TV Shows", then they can't get new cover art or other info because TV Shows wants a series name.

So I have to import them as movies, get the cover art and other info, then move them to TV Shows.

There must be a better way?

I would like a separate "concert" position on the home page but I can't seem to make one.

its all about the tags....change the tag "movie" to video and the sub tag to music video

not sure what you mean by home page
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 07:20:15 pm »

There is a new Concert Media Sub Type selection you could use; however, if you use it initially, it will not scrape (ie get concert info and Cover Art fro online).   You would need to make it a Movie first, as you have been doing, and then change it to Concert.

I really wish the new Concert and Sports Media Sub Types would still Get Movie & TV Info.  They are basically useless now since it just adds an extra step.  I find it easier to just leave them as Movies and then use Genre to segregate my Views.

Please explain what you mean by "home page."  Are you talking about Standard View or Theater View?  Do you want to use Media Sub Type or Genre to separate your concerts?  A little additional info, and someone could steer you in the right direction. 

Glimmie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 09:25:00 am »

By "Home page" I am referring to the initial startup or base screen in Theater View. Right now I have it pruned to show "Movies" and "Shows" under the "Video" selection. It would like to make a "Concert" section here in addition to the TV shows and Movies.

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 09:47:54 am »

By "Home page" I am referring to the initial startup or base screen in Theater View. Right now I have it pruned to show "Movies" and "Shows" under the "Video" selection. It would like to make a "Concert" section here in addition to the TV shows and Movies.

You can add a library view from [Options > Theater View] to show your concerts.  Rules for file display should be set to "Media Sub Type is Concert".
Adam Thompson, JRiver
Pages: [1]   Go Up