INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: coverart, add folder and remove duplicates questions  (Read 5661 times)

pfm555

• World Citizen
coverart, add folder and remove duplicates questions
« on: July 26, 2014, 09:38:40 am »

i am new to JRiver, coming from using WMP and My Movies. I have a few questions/issues i would like to get clarification.
1. the coverart is far superior in JRiver and in my attempts to upgrade or change some files a black  coverart appears. i have gone in the coverart settings in MC and selected deleted  coverart and then retried finding the coverart both from the internet and the file but nothing i have attempted works to get the correct coverart to appear.
  a. In attempt to correct this i removed the movie from the folder, after it was removed from MC i then put in back in and now it does not appear at all. Is there a way to add it manually back in.
2. in "my movies" you could add a folder that you could add multiple movies into, i.e. all disney movies is this possible in MC.
3. when you create a playlist there is an option to remove duplicates, how do you get this to work. i tried it when i created the playlist  and also highlighted all the files nothing seems to remove the duplicates.
Thanks in advance for any help.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: coverart, add folder and remove duplicates questions
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 10:51:56 am »

1. When you right click, there are cover art options.  You can paste from a URL/clipboard.  You can also use get tv/movie info and select the cover art

2. Not sure what you mean by "folder" but you can display anything, any way that you want.  I use keywords for movies, so my disney movies use the keyword 'Disney' and then I can display them how I want.  You can also set auto import options for movies tagged 'Disney' to automatically move to a folder or appear a certain way

3.  Sorry can't help, mine always work.  Remember it's only a duplicate if EVERY tag has the EXACT same value for the duplicates.  If one has even one tag different it will not be considered a dup

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 12:01:03 pm »

Thanks.
One more question I created a library view named Disney under video for my Disney movies using the keyword Disney. My question now is there a way to have it appear under video in theater view?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 01:25:59 pm »

I'm going to say yes....but I don't use theatre view ever, so someone else will have to help there.  I'm pretty sure that all view functions are available in theatre view but it's not always as simple to get there

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 09:41:44 am »

Ok I got the view scheme to appear in Theater View now my question is my Disney movies appear both in Disney view (which I created) and Movie view. Can I remove them/have them not appear in Movies view?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 11:05:32 am »

In rather movies view you can configure it to display (for example)

Keywords do not contain Disney

I did the same thing, I split mine between family movies and parents movies

If you can't get it I can try posting a screenshot later, it's pretty easy

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 01:34:24 pm »

Thanks for the help so far. I used the keywords "Keywords do not contain Disney" and so now the disney movies dont appear in Movies in the Standard view mode. When i go to theater view and pull up movies they do appear in Movies. I know you dont use Theater view so maybe someone could tell me how to correct this.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 11:32:21 am »

Thanks for the help so far. I used the keywords "Keywords do not contain Disney" and so now the disney movies dont appear in Movies in the Standard view mode. When i go to theater view and pull up movies they do appear in Movies. I know you dont use Theater view so maybe someone could tell me how to correct this.

Tools->Options->Theater View

Under the Movies heading, click "Set rules for file display" and set your rules there.

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 03:03:10 pm »

Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up