INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 227967 times)

apgood

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #700 on: July 13, 2015, 05:31:08 am »

In theater view icons overlayed on movie cover images showing things like resolution, aspect ratio, audio/video codec (e.g. Dolby TrueHD), channel count (e.g. 5.1) and tags like 3D. And that these can be enabled or disabled in a config screen.

Reason I ask for this is that it provides a lot of information at a glance especially if you have multiple versions of the same movie in your library (e.g. extended and normal version) or trying to find a movie with a specific soundtrack to demo / test something.

The way theater view currently works is that I need to select the movie then scroll down to the bottom for what info is in the details screen.

At on stage back in version 19 I did try to add some extra details like channel count to the movie details screen but it didn't seem to work though it could well have been me doing it wrong.

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
Re: Feature requests
« Reply #701 on: July 13, 2015, 06:14:26 am »

Theater View enhancements:

• When playing music, have an option to display the running/remaining time instead of just a moving 'dot' (I know you can move the mouse over it or go down to it using a remote, but I'd like it to always show it)

• Have an option to change the background pictures easily instead of the Van Gogh ones

• The ability to play a slideshow of your pictures whilst music is playing (Again, I know this is possible using smart lists but this is cumbersome) - WMC has a slideshow button you can choose once you've started playing music

• TV channel updating using Theater view, instead of having to come out of it and use a mouse/keyboard - As this is running on a Media PC, I'd like to avoid using a mouse/keyboard as much as possible.

• When adding tracks to 'Now playing' - if shuffle is on, automatically reshuffle the new tracks into the list

• Playlist support - again just to save having to come out of Theatre view

Apologies if these have been asked before or if there is already a feature that accomplishes them
Sybil, you're always ... refurbishing yourself

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #702 on: July 13, 2015, 06:26:51 am »

A couple of off-topic posts were removed.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #703 on: July 13, 2015, 06:31:38 am »

For discussion, please use another thread.  The wiki has a Blu-ray topic.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #704 on: July 13, 2015, 06:33:25 am »

• When playing music, have an option to display the running/remaining time instead of just a moving 'dot' (I know you can move the mouse over it or go down to it using a remote, but I'd like it to always show it)

This. Absolutely this.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #705 on: July 13, 2015, 08:02:41 am »

How about 705.6/768 kHz upsampling as there are DAC's being released that are capable of these sample rates (Such as the ifi iDSD micro or ifi Retro Stereo 50). The current limit is 352.8/384 kHz.

Thanks for the idea.

This will be in the first build of MC21.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #706 on: July 13, 2015, 10:00:53 am »

Have an option to change the background pictures easily instead of the Van Gogh ones[/li][/list]

C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 20\Skins\Theater View\Themes\Default

Make a copy of the 'Default' folder, rename it to the theme name you want, replace the art you don't like.
    Then in Option > Theater View > Theme, choose your new theme.

pfm555

• World Citizen
    « Reply #707 on: July 13, 2015, 10:02:50 am »

I would llike to see the "Remove Duplicates" in playlists to actually remove all duplicates. The only duplicates that are removed in the present state is if they are the same name from the same album. I have a very large music collection as I am sure many others do. In many cases I have every album and greatest hit albums that a band has made. If I want to create a playlist from a single band or combine multiple bands I will have a number of duplicates that I have to manually go thru and remove. I know that JRiver has to validate what is and what is not worth spending programmers time for but it seems that with Dr. Who and the sharing of playlists that this would be something that would benefit everyone that creates playlists. I am not a programmer but the way I would think it should work is it would remove any duplicate name using two filters that can be selected, one by type and one by date. The first would filter by type i.e. flac, mp3 or other format. If flac is selected then it would keep song(s) that were recorded in flac and remove the ones that were not. The second filter would address if you have duplicate songs that were both recorded in flac. This would be by date i.e. earliest or latest. So if  I had the original song from an album made in 1974 and a greatest hit album in 1984 and I selected earliest it would keep the song from the 1974 album and remove the one from the 1984.

flac.rules

« Reply #708 on: July 13, 2015, 10:40:14 am »

I would llike to see the "Remove Duplicates" in playlists to actually remove all duplicates. The only duplicates that are removed in the present state is if they are the same name from the same album. I have a very large music collection as I am sure many others do. In many cases I have every album and greatest hit albums that a band has made. If I want to create a playlist from a single band or combine multiple bands I will have a number of duplicates that I have to manually go thru and remove. I know that JRiver has to validate what is and what is not worth spending programmers time for but it seems that with Dr. Who and the sharing of playlists that this would be something that would benefit everyone that creates playlists. I am not a programmer but the way I would think it should work is it would remove any duplicate name using two filters that can be selected, one by type and one by date. The first would filter by type i.e. flac, mp3 or other format. If flac is selected then it would keep song(s) that were recorded in flac and remove the ones that were not. The second filter would address if you have duplicate songs that were both recorded in flac. This would be by date i.e. earliest or latest. So if  I had the original song from an album made in 1974 and a greatest hit album in 1984 and I selected earliest it would keep the song from the 1974 album and remove the one from the 1984.

Yeah, some sort of handling of this would be great, at the very least, it should sort by album and not track number when you start playing a album with more than one copy, when i search for an album i have in both mp3 and flac, and click "play" every track is played twice in a row.

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
    « Reply #709 on: July 13, 2015, 10:42:13 am »

C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 20\Skins\Theater View\Themes\Default

Make a copy of the 'Default' folder, rename it to the theme name you want, replace the art you don't like.
    Then in Option > Theater View > Theme, choose your new theme.

That's fine, but I meant from within Theater view itself.  All these personalisation options could have a section couldn't they?
    Sybil, you're always ... refurbishing yourself

High-End

• World Citizen
    Re: Feature requests for MC21
    « Reply #710 on: July 13, 2015, 10:46:00 am »

For MC21 I would like to see:
    * genre specific tags for the remote / EOS
    Today, when I start playing (any genre) a song EOS/ Gizmo is showing
    1st row: song name
    2nd row: interpred and album name

what I would like to see in genre classical
    1st row: song name
    2nd row: composer
    3rd. row: orchestra / soloists / conduktor / Chorus
    the Tag and there order should be configurable.

* Offline DB for the remote / EOS
    sometimes I am surfing the net and some possible new music came across.
    because my musik server was not up and running ( or not available, offline, what ever) to check if I did not already have the CD I had to let pass the opportunity ( had to park the cd's in the shopping cart, what ever).
    That is the reason why I am asking to implement for a offline DB within EOS ;-)

regards
    H-E

BradC

• World Citizen
    « Reply #711 on: July 13, 2015, 10:18:23 pm »

Requests:

Basic video support for ARM. So that I can have a video DLNA renderer that works.

Fix the WDM driver. The latest builds have caused it to have a greater latency (on 2 separate machines)

lobo85

• World Citizen
    « Reply #712 on: July 13, 2015, 10:43:10 pm »

Thanks for the idea.

This will be in the first build of MC21.
    Great! (Immediately preorders MC 21 Master license)

Dredd

• Recent member
    « Reply #713 on: July 14, 2015, 04:08:20 am »

A support for Amazon Instant or Prime Video would be great.

For movies it would be great to have the opportunity to store a Background-Picture for each movie in the movie folder. Itīs possible in Media Browser (Backdrop).

Of course full Blu-Ray-support (Menus). For this feature iīm willing to pay a bit more. But this has been discussed many times before  ;D
    As an alternative would it be possible to select for each movie if it should be played with JRiver or select an external Player.

A new Theatre View because it looks very old fashioned. JRiver is great but could be much more popular with an up-to-date interface.

RolandG

• Junior Woodchuck
    « Reply #714 on: July 14, 2015, 04:32:15 am »

It might have already been mentioned:

DSP over DLNA for Mac with separate handling of DSD and other files. DSD files should be able to be bitstreamed without using DoPE, thus making use of renderers that don't do DoPE, while e.g. FLAC and ALAC files can be upsampled and sent to the renderer.

franswilco

• World Citizen
    « Reply #715 on: July 14, 2015, 06:40:06 am »

1. I'd like to be able to cancel / hide / remove the Car Radio, Imported Playlists, Smartlists and Recently Played default playlists.

2. I also would like to be able to hide / remove a certain DLNA player under "Playing Now".

3. Improved lyrics support.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
    • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
    « Reply #716 on: July 14, 2015, 07:49:08 am »

1. I'd like to be able to cancel / hide / remove the Car Radio, Imported Playlists, Smartlists and Recently Played default playlists.

You can turn off some of these by going under options-->general-->features.  Car radio in particular I know you can turn off.  You mgiht be able to turn off some of the others

2. I also would like to be able to hide / remove a certain DLNA player under "Playing Now".

If you right click on a player/renderer, you can hide it right now.  It's in the context menu.

Matt

• Administrator
    • Shoes gone again!
    « Reply #717 on: July 14, 2015, 09:26:07 am »

For movies it would be great to have the opportunity to store a Background-Picture for each movie in the movie folder. Itīs possible in Media Browser (Backdrop).

Next build of MC21 has this:
    NEW: Theater View background image slideshows includes sidecars that are next to the file.

That means if you save the cover art next to the movies on the hard drive, they'll get picked up and used for the background slideshow.
    Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mojave

• MC Beta Team
    • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
    « Reply #718 on: July 14, 2015, 09:35:28 am »

NEW: Theater View background image slideshows includes sidecars that are next to the file.

That means if you save the cover art next to the movies on the hard drive, they'll get picked up and used for the background slideshow.
    Cool!  8)

Where should the images go in a Blu-ray folder - in the BDMV folder or can we drop them in the main folder?
    Will this only work if online media slideshow is turned on?

mjcrhbsh01

• Recent member
    « Reply #719 on: July 14, 2015, 10:28:54 am »

1. Add the option to all MCWS commands to be able to target a command to more than one zone at a time.

2. Add the option to the MCWS "PlayByKey" command to play more than one file, by using a pipe delimited list of file keys to play like the "PlaybyFilename" command.

Thank you very much.

flac.rules

« Reply #720 on: July 14, 2015, 11:01:11 am »

will the get movie information from movieDB function store cover art next to the file?

Hendrik

• Administrator
    « Reply #721 on: July 14, 2015, 11:01:46 am »

will the get movie information from movieDB function store cover art next to the file?

It has always done that.
    ~ nevcairiel
    ~ Author of LAV Filters

flac.rules

« Reply #722 on: July 14, 2015, 02:00:40 pm »

It has always done that.

OK, sorry was on the road, so I couldn't check.

JimH

• Administrator
    « Reply #723 on: July 14, 2015, 02:11:47 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up