INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tidal through JRemote  (Read 5934 times)

garysi

• Recent member
Tidal through JRemote
« on: May 15, 2015, 11:14:15 pm »

I have the JRemote app installed on my S4 running Android 5, and I also have the Tidal Android app.  I use the jremote to control MC playback and love it.  I use Tidal through MC on the laptop into my DAC and amp, I am wondering if I can use the phone app Tidal through JRemote , so I can be ultra lazy.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Tidal through JRemote
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 06:29:17 am »

I have the JRemote app installed on my S4 running Android 5, and I also have the Tidal Android app.  I use the jremote to control MC playback and love it.  I use Tidal through MC on the laptop into my DAC and amp, I am wondering if I can use the phone app Tidal through JRemote , so I can be ultra lazy.
I don't think so.  Sorry.

Gtr_HRA

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 01:15:49 pm »

Actually, this can be done with an additional piece of software.

You can configure JRiver WDM driver as default playback device and leave JRiver open on the PC connected to the DAC. Install Shairport on the same PC.
Then use Shairport to pass the music from the Tidal app to the PC (w/ airport protocol). It works fine with the exception that when the stream is shutdown, JRiver remains in 'play' mode. That cause my ASIO driver to crash when the DAC is shut down (I cannot leave mine on at all time).

Hope it helps.

klapaciuss

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 07:54:18 am »

Bubble UPnP Android app solve this issue. There is direct support for Tidal streaming to any audio renderer on network including JRiver MC

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 07:17:09 am »

can you explain a little bit more how to non - networking hard core people ;)?
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 06:51:51 pm »

Bubble UPnP is an Android app that connects to Tidal and Qobuz. It allows you to connect to Tidal, assuming you have a Tidal account. Once connected to Tidal you can play the Tidal tracks on your phone/tablet. You can also send the Tidal audio to a DLNA renderer, which is just a particular type of network player. JRiver has a DLNA renderer as part of its Media Network setup - Tools - Options - Media Network. I think it should be on by default, but you can check to be sure. In Bubble UPnP, when you select Renderer you should see your JRiver system as an option. Select it and Bubble UPnP will send the audio from your phone wirelessly to your JRiver system and it will play through you attached DAC.

The acronyms get messy, but it a pretty easy setup, once you have a Tidal account. If you have the HiFi Tidal option, the output will be 16/44 audio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up