INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation of upgrade  (Read 1558 times)

whiskeyjoe

Installation of upgrade
« on: August 03, 2014, 10:50:24 am »

Need help with installation of upgrade to MC19. Starts ok, but with second dialog box.  the box just flickers and the task manager reports 'not responding'. Tried disabling AV and reboot no help. 
Thanks.

stewartmeredith

Re: Installation of upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 11:13:50 am »

I also purchased the upgrade to MC20 and my computer says that it is there, but I can not open it.  Do I need to uninstall MC18 first and then reinstall MC20?  I have been reading as many of the posts as possible to find the answer, but nothing is really clear about what and how to do this.  I must be missing something somewhere.  Thanks for your help.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 11:29:58 am »

Need help with installation of upgrade to MC19. Starts ok, but with second dialog box.  the box just flickers and the task manager reports 'not responding'. Tried disabling AV and reboot no help.  
Thanks.
are your going from 18 to version 19? or an older version ? (there can be issues going from 15 to 19 for example)

I also purchased the upgrade to MC20 and my computer says that it is there, but I can not open it.  Do I need to uninstall MC18 first and then reinstall MC20?  I have been reading as many of the posts as possible to find the answer, but nothing is really clear about what and how to do this.  I must be missing something somewhere.  Thanks for your help.
No you do not have to uninstall 18. However version20 is not available yet (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90926.0 ) . So I'm not sure I get what you mean. Download 19 for now, and it will work with the 20 license. It will automatically keep your views and things.

stewartmeredith

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 12:47:24 pm »

OK.  So I did download MC19, but it never asked me for my registration code or install key, so I have probably done it wrong.  Is the download a 30 day trial or is it permanent?  If it is not permanent, how do I make it so?  Thanks again.

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 01:06:32 pm »

its a trial until you buy and run a little file that you'll have access to. If you only want to try do not buy yet, I'm sure you'll want to but its been confusing for some. You can check your registration info under HELP in the main top menu, it will show you your status

stewartmeredith

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 01:29:15 pm »

I purchased MC18 last year and just purchased MC20 upgrade.  I understand that I needed to download MC 19 for the time being - until MC20 is available.  But, I can not find how I download MC19 without purchasing it or an additional upgrade?  Ideas or direction?  Another question - are you saying that I need to purchase the upgrade to MC19 before MC20 becomes available?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 02:30:00 pm »

It's on the Download Page here.

Arindelle

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 02:38:52 pm »

I purchased MC18 last year and just purchased MC20 upgrade.  I understand that I needed to download MC 19 for the time being - until MC20 is available.  But, I can not find how I download MC19 without purchasing it or an additional upgrade?  Ideas or direction?  Another question - are you saying that I need to purchase the upgrade to MC19 before MC20 becomes available?

Just download it and install it. most recent version here ==> http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90848.0 No need to deinstall 18 (best not too until 19 is up and running) If you have paid you got a file that ends with mjr (?) i think :) Just click on it and it will auto register the program. Otherwise you have 30 days before it will lock you out

No if you bought recently, the license works for both 19 and 20, no worries. You might have to use one of your installs (you get 10/year that last a couple of weeks each that can be used on multiple PCs)

For info, you wil have to reanalyze all your audio files (takes awhile) as there were big improvements made. You won't have to do that again in 20 so u might as well get that out of the way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up