INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tag corruption (I think)  (Read 1165 times)

thane108

• World Citizen
Tag corruption (I think)
« on: November 06, 2014, 09:07:17 am »

My apologies if this is the wrong location for this question . . .

I'm having trouble playing a flac download on my Fiio x3.  Crossroads Guitar Festival in flac 44.1/24.  The Fiio supports flac up to 192/24 - so that shouldn't an issue (and hasn't with my other downloads).

All other music that I purchased from HDtracks and transferred to my Fiio using JRiver plays fine - just this one album.

I suspect that I corrupted the tags when I changed a tag to get it to show as a single album - the album has multiple artists.

So far:

1) I deleted the album from the Fiio, used the "undue" feature in JRiver to roll back the changes I made to the tags, and transferred again - that didn't help.  (I also deleted the database on the Fiio and rebuilt the database - didn't help.)
2)  I deleted the album from the Fiio and then transferred a new copy using conversion to high mp3 - didn't help.
3)  Strangely - JRiver will play the file from the Fiio - so the file must not be corrupted.
4) I transffered another album to the Fiio just to make sure that transfer is working - new album played fine.
5) I used the library update tags from the web in JRiver and then tried it on Fiio - didn't help.

The album is a recent flac download from HDtracks.  I guess I could go back to HDtracks and ask to let me download a fresh copy with their unchanged tags.

Does this sound like a tag issue or am I chasing a phantom solution?
Perseverance wins out in the end!

thane108

• World Citizen
Re: Tag corruption (I think)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 10:25:29 am »

So I downloaded a fresh copy from HDTracks and it still freezes by Fiio X3.

I'm guess that it is a tag issue on their end that the Fiio just can't handle.  Any suggestions?

thane108

• World Citizen
Re: Tag corruption (I think)
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 12:47:44 pm »

Solved it - I changed the setting for the transfer to "Cover Art Remove from tags."

Not sure why that was bothering the Fiio - but that solved the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up