INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: crashing  (Read 1475 times)

pamur

crashing
« on: February 09, 2002, 12:04:53 pm »

I have only been evaluating MJB for a few days so I haven't given up yet.  I really want this to work because I like the program in general.  I have experienced a lot of crashes/errors with the program (Vers. 7.2).  One in particular is frustrating me from buying the program.  When I try to save an edited MP3 file to MP3 the editor crashes...every time. Nothing is done.  I have only clipped a piece off of the end of a MP3 file.  It is a .dll kernal fault.  I am running 1ghz Dell with lots of hard drive space.  Do I need to uninstall winamp and or Easy CD writer?  That seems kind of drastic.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:crashing
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2002, 12:34:44 pm »

When you use Media Editor, quit Media Jukebox.  Don't run both at the same time.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

pamur

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2002, 08:24:56 am »

Sounded like a good idea.  I restarted, ran the editor alone and got the same error.  I am running WinME. Has anyone else had a lot of crashing problems with WinME.  The editor is the main reason I would pay for the program.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2002, 08:32:13 am »

>>Has anyone else had a lot of crashing problems with WinME
yes when i had it on my system, windows Xp solved most of my crashing problems

1. did you try it after a reboot
2. turn off all chat programs, and any other programs in the right lower corner
3. you can try turning off mega-me skins

i am not sure if the media editor in mj8 has any bug fixes, maybe

Also

do this open up media editor, select a file

do not click on the button "Open"

just hit enter
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

zevele1

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2002, 08:55:11 am »

Is you have Me as an uppdate on the top of 98 or98Se,you must have a lot of problemIf you have ME as a clean install or on a new computer ,it has to run ok
If you are in the last case and have problems,here few tips
Ckeck the Windows updates
Check if WindowsMediaplayer is working fine or froze and crash your computer
You have also the solution to remove system restore,movie maker,even WindowsMedia player and few others things.Using a nice,problemless software.Let me know ,i can give you the name

pamur

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2002, 10:11:35 am »

Thanks for all of the help.  Since MPB uses REAL PLAYER and Windows MEDIA PLAYER for their streams it seems like it should work with them.  I am pretty up to date on Windows.  I bought the computer with winme installed.  I do have winamp and windows media installed as well as Easy CD Creator that came with the CD-RW.  There are two .dll's mentioned when it crashes - ENC-EXTERNAL.dll and mfc42.dll   I am not savvy enough to associate these with anything.  mfc42.dll is from MS.  Does this ring any bells.  I tried to reinstall MPB it didn't change anything.  I am kind of a download and install junkie so I suppose I could have picked up a problem .dll or something.  I just don't quite know where to look.

pamur

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2002, 07:48:15 pm »

One more data point.  I tried saving the modified .wav file and then using the conversion tool to create the MP3 (outside of editor) it still crashed.  Same .dll errors.  It seems I can't save a modified .mp3  This is going to chase me away, without some help.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2002, 03:59:50 am »

What encoder are you trying to use with the external encoder option?

Can you try a different encoder and see if the problem goes away?

Drew

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2002, 02:28:10 pm »

I'm running WinME also.  Media Jukebox crashes all the time with the same kernell.dll fault.  I'm about to give up on it.

Pamur

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2002, 03:38:45 pm »

Thanks DOOF
I thought I had imported the MP3 encoders but I guess I hadn't. Went back and downloaded a couple of them and it seems to be working.  Is there a "best" one?  What exactly is a LAME MP3?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2002, 04:00:37 pm »

Lame Is One of the Best Encoders You Can Use To encode Your Music to mp3 format

In Version 8 Of MJ "MP3 Encoder VBR" Or "MP3 Encoder" The CBR version is standard and allows encoding directly from cd-rom to mp3 and not like MJ7 where it went from Cd-rom to wave, to mp3. the new lame encoder saves time but keeps the quality

I prefer "MP3 Encoder VBR", with a "High" setting
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up