INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Device Question  (Read 1383 times)

Red99

• Recent member
Audio Device Question
« on: August 05, 2014, 09:22:53 am »

My understanding from the Wiki is that I'll get the best sound quality by choosing Creative Sound Blaster [ASIO] as my audio device.  However, when I do so I can only hear music on my stereo via DLNA, but not on my PC. When I try to listen to music on my PC, I get an error message: "Something went wrong with playback.  Playback has requested multiple restarts in a short amount of time." If I switch to Default Audio Device [Direct Sound], I no longer get the error message and I can listen to music on both my stereo and my PC. 

Any suggestions for how I can use MC19 to listen to music on my PC while using Creative Sound Blaster [ASIO] as my audio device so that I don't have to sacrifice sound quality?  Now I just use Windows Media Player on my PC so that I can have the best sound quality on my stereo from [ASIO].

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio Device Question
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 04:06:23 pm »

did you try WASAPI with the creative?  ASIO is buggy in that it (often) requires some very specific drivers.  WASAPI is bitperfect just like ASIO but usually works much easier

Red99

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 09:29:02 pm »

Thanks ferday. Yes, WASAPI with the creative works.  Do you think there's a difference in sound quality between WASAPI and ASIO since, as you said, they're both bit perfect?  Sound quality is my 1st priority.

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 09:31:17 pm »

My understanding from the Wiki is that I'll get the best sound quality by choosing Creative Sound Blaster [ASIO] as my audio device.  However, when I do so I can only hear music on my stereo via DLNA, but not on my PC. When I try to listen to music on my PC, I get an error message: "Something went wrong with playback.  Playback has requested multiple restarts in a short amount of time." If I switch to Default Audio Device [Direct Sound], I no longer get the error message and I can listen to music on both my stereo and my PC.  

Any suggestions for how I can use MC19 to listen to music on my PC while using Creative Sound Blaster [ASIO] as my audio device so that I don't have to sacrifice sound quality?  Now I just use Windows Media Player on my PC so that I can have the best sound quality on my stereo from [ASIO].

I recently got a Diamond sound card.  It will do ASIO *only* if the card is the "default sound device", which doesn't work for me with the set up I need.  WASAPI works fine without the Diamond card being the default sound device.

I called Diamond tech support, the tech said he'd download MediaCenter and test and get back to me... never heard from him again.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 09:33:49 pm »

It's identical sound quality, bit perfect is just that!  ASIO is more hassle than it's worth (for many, including me), stick with wasapi exclusive and enjoy the perfect bitstream!

Red99

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 10:37:04 pm »

Great.  Problem solved.  I'm sticking with WASAPI.  Thanks for your help ferday!
Pages: [1]   Go Up