INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating View of HD channels in Guide  (Read 1124 times)

crawfofd

• World Citizen
Creating View of HD channels in Guide
« on: August 07, 2014, 10:03:55 am »

Ok I'm going to try again. I am pretty new to this forum and to MC.  It seems like a very capable piece of software, but to be quite honest a new person trying to figure out anything is quite hard.  I have asked two questions on this site and have not received any useful results from either. As stated in many of the posts in this forum the documentation is piece meal and very hard to find and when you do find it, it is probable out of date. I have spent a week going through much of the items on this forum trying to find info and it just gives me a headache.  I purchased this software because I thought it was currently being developed and it looked like it could be a replacement for my sageTV.  I want to use this software, but it is becoming increasing hard to work with it. 

Okay enough ranting, now lets try another question and see if I get a response.  I am trying to get a tv guide listing with only HD channels. Is this possible and if so can someone point me in the right direction. 

Also I would like to make a suggestion for this forum. Have a HowTo section so that when someone figures something out it can be documented. I know that there is a wiki.

Thanks for any help.

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Creating View of HD channels in Guide
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 10:07:45 am »

What I do for things like this is use the 'keyword' field and add a keyword for 'HD' or 'High Def'  whatever you want to use.  Then you can create a view the guide (I am assuming you are talking about theater view) for HD only.  I use this to sort the kids channels from the sports channels, etc.  I am sure there are many other ways to do this, most are probably easier, but this is how I do it.

Hope this helps,

Alex

crawfofd

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 10:41:28 am »

Thanks for the quick response. I've been looking at so many posts I'm getting crossed eyed.

Where are you putting this keyword?? 

Frank

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 11:23:13 am »

The way I do it is in standard view, you can get a list of all the channels.

Try this post - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80686.0 - specifically this part:

You can use the channel keyword system to apply custom keywords to channels (ie. 'Matt's Channels', 'Brooke's Channels', etc.).  Create a view of Television channels ( Smartlist: [Media Type]=[TV] ) and set keywords.  Then use the keywords in your Theater View views (see the stock 'Guide', 'Favorite', etc. views for examples).

This is what I use to tag my channels.

Alex

crawfofd

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 12:58:17 pm »

Thanks Alex that worked perfectly. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up