INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Import  (Read 1412 times)

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Auto Import
« on: August 08, 2014, 03:06:45 am »

I run auto import manually from the tools menu regularly when I make sizable addition to the library. I tend to download , rip etc on my main PC sort out tags etc and then copy en mass to the main folder where all the music lives.

When I watch the details of auto import , at the end I see something like adding File 45 of 1450 (and so on) to the library even if the import is 20-30 files. Why is it adding so many files to the library if the 20 - 30 files is the only change ? I would have thought that once added on one import run they should not need to be re added.

I have tried adding a number of files , then adding a single file and re running import manually from Tools>Import>Run Auto Import Now and I see the same effect even though in theory it adds one file. The Details summary after import shows One File Added .

Confused ??

Mike

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Auto Import
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 08:48:23 am »

If it reports a big number of additions, it must be adding a big number of files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 09:43:45 am »

This happens for me as well, it says that it is "Adding file ___ of 998" every time I manually run auto-import.

I'm guessing that it's listing files which are in my auto-import directories, but are a file type that I have told Media Center to ignore.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 09:46:13 am »

It might be files that don't get imported by themself, but get expanded to other entries, ie. cue files, or SACD ISOs, or even Blu-ray/DVD directories.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

MikeO

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 02:40:09 am »

Sounds like nothing to worry about.

There are quite a number of CUE files around , single file per CD etc. Also I tend to leave Scan folders in place with maybe 10 JPG files ,

I'll try a clean up of a few and see if it reduces the file count number.

I assumed what Matt said , if MC reports them they must be there . Maybe it is clean up time.

Thanks for the help

Mike

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 03:32:19 am »

This interests me too, I also run autoimport manually ... but I think I knwo what going on, Matt could you confirm.

To me "autoimport" does a bunch of things. OK it imports things, but it fixes things (reindexes them) - especially things  done externally or via clients (play counts too), moving directories around, deleting things form the library. If syncing between client server is not run manually at the end of a client session, this happens all the time -- normal... for me as I have lastplayed written to file as an example.

I get about 6400 "analyzing" after import, which is about how many CDs (or maybe its the number of sub repertoires) with around 90K files -- this is actually pretty fast -- if it were actually importing all these files it is much slower.

In anycase, as long as you have Fix Broken links - protect un-connected drives checked, this is a good thing

@Matt - Is this about right ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up