INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album not playing in track # order  (Read 1499 times)

thane108

• World Citizen
Album not playing in track # order
« on: August 13, 2014, 03:44:41 pm »

I just downloaded a sampler from Itrax that features tracks by various performers and various albums.

The album came over broken into several albums.  I managed to combine all into a single album by changing the individual artists to Itrax - that worked even if it isn't ideal.

But the album won't play in track order - it follows an order that I can't identify.  The track numbers are correct on the JRiver screen - 1 though 18.  It just doesn't play in that order.  The Disk number is blank - I tried assigning Disk 1 to all tracks.  That had no effect.

Ideally I would like to fix this so that it shows as a single album but also gives individual artist info for each track.

I would really like to learn how to correctly import an album like this (multiple artists) so that "I get it right" the first time rather than go through the "fix-it" routine.  I can get multiple artists into a single album when I rip from a disk using JRiver - just not when I download from a site such as Itrax.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Perseverance wins out in the end!

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album not playing in track # order
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 04:05:13 pm »

JRiver thinks an Album is an Album if "Album" and "Album Artist" are the same.

You can preserve the individual artist by copy the "Album Artist" to "Artist" then set the "Album Artist" to "Various"
Try Excel style expression when doing so: http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/Players/MC14/MC_Expression_excel.htm

If you sort by Track# JRiver should play them in the right sequence.
Check if "shuffle" is off (upper right, next to the progress bar)

thane108

• World Citizen
Re: Album not playing in track # order
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 05:19:14 pm »

Shuffle was on - I am so embarrassed!

:-[

Perseverance wins out in the end!
Pages: [1]   Go Up