INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linux Payment Purchase error  (Read 2117 times)

jmczen

• Recent member
Linux Payment Purchase error
« on: August 13, 2014, 07:46:43 pm »

Need help from someone from jriver to assist with a Linux payment error. Can someone let me know who to contact for this case?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Linux Payment Purchase error
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 07:54:26 pm »

Please send your details to Deanna at jriver.  Thanks.

jmczen

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 08:55:49 pm »

Thanks for the reply. 

Will shoot an email to Deanna & send you a pm as well as there is a related matter.

jmczen

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 07:58:21 am »

Jim,

Have replied to your pm. Please note the reply is based on jriver's official information on the website.

Thank you for your attention.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 08:30:05 am »

The page is fixed now.  The price is $34.98.

jmczen

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 09:54:23 am »

Jim,

I don't visit the forums often. My official communication was from the email newsletter you sent out regarding the Mac & Windows. My Linux payment had problems and I relied on the official web link of www.jriver.com/Linux.html. The price stated $24.98.

Needless to say am shocked that instead of respecting the $24.98 price advertised on the website, and assisting me to make successful payment for the Linux version at $24.98, the price was just changed to $34.98 on me. So now we end up with the situation where the price on jriver website cannot be relied upon.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 10:10:18 am »

The price changed recently, and I missed one of the places it was displayed.  I corrected it this morning as soon as you pointed it out.

The Paypal problem you had was almost certainly a Paypal problem.  We've had very few problems with purchases recently.

I would appreciate it if you don't wrongly characterize what happened.  We're not intentionally trying to misinform anyone.  The price changed, but we said from the beginning that the price would eventually be $49.98.  

It's still a good deal at $34.98.

jmczen

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 12:03:18 pm »

Jim,

Am very appreciative of jriver. That's why am a customer. What was posted was factual and made with the sincere intention to help jriver understand the perspective of customers who do not frequent the forums and have limited time.

Consider the timeline
1) you send out the newsletter which only mentions win & mac deadline
2) make my purchases on the Aug 9-10 weekend
3) Linux not mentioned on newsletter, but there's an official link
http://www.jriver.com/linux.html
4) have problems with Linux payment probably paypal but who can really say with software. I've also had problems with making payment from earlier Linux builds July? Anyway that's why it's a give and take between jriver & customers.
5) again tracking the official link in 3), the price has been $24.98
6) switch computers, Linux link still advertises  $24.98.

The point made is that I should be able to rely on the information from jriver official website. Seeked help from jriver to assist with making payment for Linux license & what happens in the end is that the price is just changed to $34.98 on the website. So from a customer service perspective, what's happened to me is just so strange.

Have already budgeted the funds for win, mac and Linux. This is already a significant amount of support shown to jriver. To have to spend that extra especially when it's somewhat unnecessary is what makes the whole episode regrettable and really does not make sense from my perspective.

If there are things you want to clarify or resolve this via pm, feel free.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 12:10:45 pm »

3) Linux not mentioned on newsletter, but there's an official link
http://www.jriver.com/linux.html
4) have problems with Linux payment probably paypal but who can really say with software. I've also had problems with making payment from earlier Linux builds July? Anyway that's why it's a give and take between jriver & customers.
5) again tracking the official link in 3), the price has been $24.98
6) switch computers, Linux link still advertises  $24.98.
The page you refer to has a $34.98 price.  Try refreshing the cache in your browser or try a different browser.

jmczen

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 12:21:40 pm »

Pls read again. Am describing what happened. So all this was before you changed the price to $34.98.
Pages: [1]   Go Up