INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume Differences  (Read 1416 times)

Boldlygo

• Recent member
Volume Differences
« on: August 13, 2014, 09:42:45 pm »

I have been using JRiver19 for almost a year now and have not played with all the features! But one issue that may be solvable is the difference in volume from one album to another. For example I have hi-rez flac versions of two Eric Bibb albums. One album I set my preamp (Byrston SP3) to -11dB for a nice, loud & clean performance. When I play the second album, I have to adjust the volume up to -5dB to get the same result. (And most regular CDs I ripped can only go to -17dB or so before it gets too loud.)

Is there a way to adjust a single album's volume output of it's flac files up a certain amount so it can be matched to another album's volume level?
Marantz AV7702 Dolby Atmos, Wyred4Sound DAC2 DSDse, OPPO BDP-103D, Epson Pro Cinema 6010, McAllister Audio OTL-185 Amps & Pre-amp, Lexicon LX-7 Amp, custom-built media server, PureAudioProject Trio15B Open-baffle front speakers

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Volume Differences
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 10:38:18 pm »

Is there a way to adjust a single album's volume output of it's flac files up a certain amount so it can be matched to another album's volume level?

Yep - search on Volume Levelling in here. Should get plenty of info on how to tame the library.

Cheers,

VP

Boldlygo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 08:57:40 am »

So I have levellized my Hi-rez library. But what happens when I add an album (not one that is ripped from CD, but downloaded)? I ran the Audio Analyze on the new album, but how does it know to level out the sound compared to the rest of my library?
Marantz AV7702 Dolby Atmos, Wyred4Sound DAC2 DSDse, OPPO BDP-103D, Epson Pro Cinema 6010, McAllister Audio OTL-185 Amps & Pre-amp, Lexicon LX-7 Amp, custom-built media server, PureAudioProject Trio15B Open-baffle front speakers

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 09:00:29 am »

Everything is leveled to a fixed level of -23 LUFS (which is -23 dbFS), so what is in your library is not important for the leveling process - and as such, the leveling does not change if you change the contents of your library.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up