INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: Make the "Windows Aero Unavailable" Confirmation Dialog Defeatable  (Read 1414 times)

thediscman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile

I run Media Center in Windows Server 2012 - Core Mode. Therefore, the Windows GUI is disabled.

Every time I start Media Center, I get the following warning:

I always have to click through it to start using Media Center. The skin and the app both seem to work just fine after that.

Could you please add a check box to this dialog to make it defeatable?

Of course it could be restored with the "Reset all confirmation messages..." option.

Thanks,
Keith

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You could try a different skin, but we don't recommend the Windows setup you're using.  Win7 or Win8, without modification, would both be fine.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

That happens when you use a "Glass" skin. Use any other and it shouldn't happen.

But as Jim mentioned we do not recommend running in such a setup, and there could be unforeseen limitations in MCs functionality.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

thediscman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile

That happens when you use a "Glass" skin. Use any other and it shouldn't happen.

But as Jim mentioned we do not recommend running in such a setup, and there could be unforeseen limitations in MCs functionality.

Thank you for your responses.

I prefer Windows Server 2012. For the ways in which I use the MC, I've encountered no limitations.

I'll see if there are other, non "Glass" skins that I like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up