INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Searching  (Read 1143 times)

sluizer

• World Citizen
Searching
« on: August 14, 2014, 05:28:43 pm »

I am running MC 19.0.146 on Windows 8.

It seems as though you changed how search works from version 18 to version 19, and have removed some functionality that I used to frequently use, but no longer can.

If I am searching for a string, say "abc", I could refresh that search by simply hitting <enter> when my cursor was inside the search box in version 18. That doesn't seem to be the case any longer in version 19. Now, I have the change the string and then change back to the original string. This is a huge pain in the neck. Now, you may think that no one would ever repeat the same search. However, I did it all the time. I would search in one half of a split view, add a new MP3 in the other half (or remove one, or make some kind of change), and then do the same search in the first half, just to make sure that what I intended had happened.

Being able to repeat the search with a simple <enter> was extremely convenient. And now I find myself doing that -- because I've done it for so long -- and feeling confused because it looks like entries are missing. I'm never sure whether a search was done or not.

I would vote strongly for a return to the functionality of version 18, because I used it *all the time* in searching my DB.

Thank you,
Suzanne Sluizer

p.s. I'm curious as to why this functionality was removed.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Searching
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 01:01:58 am »

I never used it that way, but, my first thought when reading your post was...

"If you hit F5 instead of enter, does that work for you?"

sluizer

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 03:34:22 am »

I never used it that way, but, my first thought when reading your post was...

"If you hit F5 instead of enter, does that work for you?"

No, it doesn't seem to.

sluizer

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 03:37:24 am »

No, it doesn't seem to.

I take it back. I just tried it a second time and this time it did work. Thanks for the suggestion.

But I am curious as to why the functionality of using <enter> was removed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up