INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluray rip  (Read 1068 times)

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
Bluray rip
« on: August 17, 2014, 12:41:52 am »

Hi All,

Hope I'm not proposing anything controversial here ...

I've started a Bluray collection of my favourite films and TV shows.

I'm not very happy with the way my pc handles the bluray discs and would like to rip the blurays to hard disc where I can also tag the individual TV episodes.

How should I do this and also be sure to preserve the picture and sound quality?

I have used DVD shrink and Handbrake with DVDs, but never tackled a bluray rip.

Any help welcome.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Bluray rip
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 02:19:10 am »

Hi, Have a read of this Wiki Article that may answer most of your Q's.  I just rip the whole BD in MC, others use 3rd party tools to strip out the main movie, and others still re-encode.
JRiver CEO Elect

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 02:20:59 pm »

This sort of query pops up from time to time. These threads talk about some of the other alternatives that jmone referred to:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69532.0
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91001.0

Many ways to skin the cat. The 3rd party BD decrypter option will make life more convenient. Just depends on how much time you've got to hand or how long you're prepared to wait while files are being manipulated.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 11:02:59 pm »

Thanks for the help - am still looking into options whilst ripping in JRiver ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up