INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADVICE on revamping my 'old school' file structure  (Read 872 times)

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
ADVICE on revamping my 'old school' file structure
« on: August 20, 2014, 02:18:38 pm »

I have a main folder called The Mix (this is set to auto update) inside this folder are about 25 sub-folders referring to a genre and inside these lies the artists...what i want to do is eliminate the 25 or so genre folders and just have the artists live inside the mix...i plan on having one other folder for compilations...what would be the best way to achieve this...should i just delete the library in MC and make the changes and re-import or should I???

I'm not worried about tracking play count or the such or play lists at this time.

thanks

W7 Ultimate

3,060 artists and growing
16,500 albums and growing
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Vincent Kars

Re: ADVICE on revamping my 'old school' file structure
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 02:45:51 pm »

Select albums or tracks and do Library Tools > Rename, Move and Copy files
You can specify all kind of rules to alter path and file name.
You can also use "find and Replace" to e.g. remove the sub folder from the path.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: ADVICE on revamping my 'old school' file structure
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 03:28:34 pm »

Looks as if i should of done it my way because it is still fixing broken links a day later...oh well 20 is now on the board and i will just stop 19 install 20 and start from scratch...thnks
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up