INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When display window is detached disable screen saver  (Read 2470 times)

rossp

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
When display window is detached disable screen saver
« on: February 25, 2014, 12:19:48 pm »

Hi, In theatre view the screen saver is disabled. Can I suggest that when the Display window is detached in standard view then you also disable the screen saver. I watch a lot of shows / films on the second monitor in standard view of my study PC and I hate it when the screen saver comes on.

Ross

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: When display window is detached disable screen saver
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 12:23:54 pm »

I'd say Detached AND Fullscreen, but I won't cry if it always happens with a detached display.

This would help me out too, so...

+1
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 09:26:09 am »

We disable the screensaver if the detached display is fullscreen.  If it's just a window, we don't.  I think this makes sense.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 10:29:39 am »

In my environment it makes sense to have the screensaver disabled when in detached mode. I have 4 monitors and use one to watch TV etc when writing booooring docs etc. When I get into a program I don't touch the keyboard. .Can we compromise and have the option to disable please.

Ross

P.S Glad to see you back Matt

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 11:05:18 am »

Video playback should always prevent the screensaver, whether it's fullscreen or not.
I would also like the option to prevent a paused video from allowing the screensaver/power saving modes to activate.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 11:14:54 am »

Next build of MC20:
Changed: The screensaver will be disabled whenever the display is detached (instead of only when it's in fullscreen mode).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 11:17:48 am »

I would also like the option to prevent a paused video from allowing the screensaver/power saving modes to activate.

only if it's an option, that would be an awful default.  i have my main htpc hooked up to a tv and a pj and sometimes i have to pause to go deal with kids etc and i want that screensave to kick in!

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 11:55:51 am »

only if it's an option, that would be an awful default.  i have my main htpc hooked up to a tv and a pj and sometimes i have to pause to go deal with kids etc and i want that screensave to kick in!
Yes, I realize that it would be a bad default. I have an LCD so leaving it on is not a concern for me.
It's more of an annoyance for me when I have to stop in the middle of playback (to deal with kids etc.) and when I get back the screen has switched off rather than just being able to hit play to resume.

It gets worse since my TV takes about a minute after switching back on before I can put it back into Theater mode.
It displays an image almost immediately, but you can't access the menus until it finishes "booting".
Pages: [1]   Go Up