INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flac files won't play, don't appear to be corrupt  (Read 2837 times)

churnedprism

Flac files won't play, don't appear to be corrupt
« on: August 27, 2014, 12:54:37 pm »

Hi All.

Just started using JRiver again after many years using other software, and I have to say I'm really liking it so far, especially the android remote support.

However I have one problem. Out of my library of about 10,000 FLAC files, five FLAC files won't import to the library in JRiver (it gives a log saying they won't import but doesn't say why). If I try and play these files in JRiver directly it will either play them but not display any metadata or album art and then crash, or it will refuse to play them saying they are not a valid file. The files play in foobar2000, musicbee, VLC and any other media player I've tried just fine, and I've used DBpoweramp to do a flac to test conversion on the 5 files and it does not detect any errors. Can anyone think why JRiver does not like these 5 files?

Thanks in advance

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Flac files won't play, don't appear to be corrupt
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 01:01:48 pm »

Hi All.

Just started using JRiver again after many years using other software, and I have to say I'm really liking it so far, especially the android remote support.

However I have one problem. Out of my library of about 10,000 FLAC files, five FLAC files won't import to the library in JRiver (it gives a log saying they won't import but doesn't say why). If I try and play these files in JRiver directly it will either play them but not display any metadata or album art and then crash, or it will refuse to play them saying they are not a valid file. The files play in foobar2000, musicbee, VLC and any other media player I've tried just fine, and I've used DBpoweramp to do a flac to test conversion on the 5 files and it does not detect any errors. Can anyone think why JRiver does not like these 5 files?

Thanks in advance

Don't know why, but you might just try reconverting flac to flac in MC or in foobar.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 01:41:03 pm »

Could you email a sample of the bad file to matt at jriver dot com?  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

churnedprism

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 02:15:51 pm »

Don't know why, but you might just try reconverting flac to flac in MC or in foobar.

BryanC - thank you that worked. I wonder why!
Pages: [1]   Go Up